The brides’ dresses were designed, tailored and put together by JUSERE, China’s leading wedding and evening dress company headquartered in Suzhou.
Hala China, which aims to promote cultural, trade and tourism ties between the UAE and China, made the occasion possible by seeking out the adventurous 18 Chinese residents and visitors who were looking to hold their wedding day in a unique setting.
Held during the UAE’s Year of Tolerance, the group marriage is another sign of the nation’s commitment to celebrating different cultures, offering a place where people from all over the world can feel at home.
About Hala China
Hala China is a major initiative launched by Meraas, in collaboration with Dubai Holding, to enhance economic and cultural exchange and drive investment cooperation between Dubai and China. The initiative aims to attract Chinese visitors and investors to the emirate through an annual calendar of tailored events and tour packages that span seven categories – stay, shop, eat, play, explore, wellness and concierge.
In showcasing Dubai and the wider UAE to the Chinese diaspora, Hala China aligns with Dubai’s Tourism Vision 2020. The initiative is led by a steering committee responsible for planning and organising food festivals, fashion shows, sporting events, as well as music and cultural festivals, among other activities.
Meraas is a Dubai-based conglomerate that aims to enhance the emirate’s cityscape with a human-centric approach to developing assets in the real estate, tourism, hospitality, F&B, retail, leisure and entertainment, technology, maritime, and healthcare sectors.
Meraas pursues its mission to build creative urban culture where thriving communities can take root. Among its investments are some of the most admired real-estate properties in premium locations, such as Bluewaters Residences, Bvlgari Residences, Cherrywoods, City Walk Residences, Nikki Beach Residences, Port de La Mer Residences, Villa Amalfi, and Zabeel Saray Royal Residence.
The company’s portfolio comprises over 80 million square feet of total developed land, more than 3,500 homes, 2,000 retail units, and 15 landmark destinations, including Al Seef, Bluewaters, Boxpark, City Walk, Dubai Harbour, Jumeira Bay, Kite Beach, La Mer, Last Exit, Pearl Jumeira, The Beach and The Outlet Village.
About Dubai Holding
Dubai Holding is a diversified global company with operations in 12 countries employing over 20,000 people. Established in 2004, Dubai Holding manages an AED 130 billion portfolio of assets, which support the diversification and growth of Dubai’s economy across 12 sectors, including tourism, hospitality, real estate, media, ICT, education, science, retail, industrial and design.
Dubai Holding’s portfolio includes:
- Jumeirah Group, a global luxury hotel company, which operates a world-class portfolio of 15 properties in the Middle East, including the flagship Burj Al Arab, 5 properties in Europe and 3 in Asia with 13 properties currently under construction around the globe. Its portfolio comprises 6,413 keys.
- Dubai Properties, the diverse real estate developer behind iconic destinations such as Jumeirah Beach Residence and Business Bay.
- TECOM Group, the owner and operator of 11 sector-focused business districts such as Dubai Internet City and Dubai Media City.
- Dubai Asset Management, one of the largest residential asset management companies in the UAE.
- Dubai Retail, the retail management arm that focuses on developing, operating and managing Dubai Holding's extensive range of strategically located retail assets across prime destinations and communities.
- Arab Media Group, which includes Global Village, Arabian Radio Network, Multi Platform Network and Done events, is the media and entertainment arm of Dubai Holding.
Dubai Holding’s current project pipeline will add significantly to the Emirate’s portfolio of landmarks. This includes Madinat Jumeirah Living, Burj Jumeira - the new 550 meter tower to be located in Downtown Jumeira, Emirates Towers District and Dubai Creek Harbour, a joint venture with Emaar Properties. Dubai Holding plays an influential role in delivering on Dubai’s economic diversification strategy and initiatives such as Tourism Vision 2020, Dubai Innovation Strategy and Dubai Industrial Strategy.
For media enquiries, please contact:
APCO Worldwide Meraas
Sneha Nair Mutaz Albadri
Mobile: +971 55 408 7954 Mobile: +971 50 570 6785
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
+971 56 308 9093
© Press Release 2019