Dubai, UAE: To mark World Diabetes Day, a campaign led by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) and World Health Organization, Mediclinic Middle East will be offering free health checks at locations across Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Al Ain on Wednesday 14 November 2018.
According to the IDF, over 425 million people are currently living with diabetes, and the theme of this year’s campaign, ‘The Family and Diabetes’, aims to promote the importance of access to affordable diagnosis and treatment for families across the world, as well to strengthen their capacity to prevent the onset of diabetes, with most of these cases being type 2 diabetes.
Mediclinic Middle East’s free checks, which will measure random blood sugar, blood pressure and BMI, are available to all, and will be able to identify if those taking the tests are at risk of developing diabetes and enable them to take preventative action, including changing their eating habits and taking more exercise. All families are potentially affected by diabetes and so awareness of the signs, symptoms and risk factors for all types of diabetes are vital to help detect it early.
Dr. Pietie Loubser, Chief Clinical Officer at Mediclinic Middle East said, “As the theme of this year’s World Diabetes Day demonstrates, families have a key role to play in addressing the modifiable risk factors for type 2 diabetes and must be provided with the education, resources and environment necessary to live a healthy lifestyle. Family support in diabetes care has been shown to have a substantial effect in improving health outcomes for people with diabetes. Our free screening programme, which will of course be for the whole family, will help identify those at risk of developing the disease and prevent long term complications.”
Free health checks are available at the following locations and times on Wednesday, 14 November 2018 (no appointments necessary):
- The Dubai Mall, Fashion Parking, Level 7, 8am – 2pm
- City Centre Me’aisem, 10am – 10pm
- City Centre Deira, 8am – 2pm
- Ibn Battuta Mall, Fitness First, 10am – 4pm
- Meadows Souq, 8am – 2pm
- Aswaaq Umm Suqeim, 11am – 5pm
- Mediclinic Parkview Hospital, 8am – 3pm
- Mediclinic Welcare Hospital, 8am – 2pm
- Mediclinic City Hospital, 8am – 2pm
- Mediclinic Arabian Ranches, 10am – 4pm
- Bawabat Al Sharq Mall, 10am – 6pm
- Mazayad Mall, 4pm – 10pm
- Mediclinic Al Noor Hospital, 4pm – 10pm
- Mediclinic Al Mamora, 10am – 6pm
- Mediclinic Al Bateen, 10am – 6pm
- Mediclinic Khalifa City, 10am – 6pm
- Al Ain Ladies Club, 3pm – 8pm
- Family Foundation Al Ain, 10am – 2pm
- Mediclinic Al Madar, 10am – 2pm
- Mediclinic Zakher, 10am – 2pm
- Mediclinic Al Yahar, 10am – 2pm
Al Dhafra Region:
- Western Hotel, 4pm – 10pm
- Mediclinic Ghayathi, 4pm – 10pm
About Mediclinic Middle East
Mediclinic Middle East is part of Mediclinic International, a private hospital group with three operating platforms in Southern Africa (South Africa and Namibia), Switzerland and the United Arab Emirates, and a 29.9% shareholding in Spire Healthcare, a UK-based healthcare group with 38 hospitals.
Mediclinic Middle East operates seven hospitals and over 20 clinics with more than 900 inpatient beds in the United Arab Emirates.
Mediclinic puts science at the heart of its care approach, focusing on providing the best possible facilities with international-standard technology, backed-up by sound medical expertise and the empathy of its nursing staff.
For further information about Mediclinic Middle East and its facilities visit www.mediclinic.ae.
Mediclinic Middle East
Tel: + 97144495285
© Press Release 2018