Saudi’s Ministry of Health in cooperation with the National Centre for Privatisation (NCP) is expected to award the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) contract for its Al Ansar General Hospital project in Al-Madinah Al Munawwara by the second quarter of 2023.
“The Request for Qualification (RFQ) was issued on 18 August 2020 and the deadline for submission of Statement of Qualification was on 1 October 2020. The RFP has been issued and the bid submission was in September 2021. The main agreement is expected to be signed in early second quarter 2023,” the source told Zawya Projects.
The list of companies and consortiums qualified in the RFP stage comprised of:
- Concession Infrastructure Investments Manager, Almutlaq Real Estate Investment Company and Al Bawani Company
- Interhealth Canada Management, Nesma and Arabian International Healthcare Holding
- Alfanar Company and Steward Health Care International
- El Seif Commercial Investment Company
- International Power SA - Dubai Branch, Consolidated Construction Group and Abdul Aziz Al Ajlan Sons for Commercial & Real Estate Investment Company
- FCC Construccion and International Hospitals Construction Co.
- Tamasuk Holding Company and Alghanim International
- Vision International Investment Company and Mouwasat Medical Services Company
- Lamar Holding, Asyad Holding Group and Bouygues Batiment International.
A total of 87 companies had expressed interest in the project in April 2020.
The project is being procured under BMT (design, build, maintain and transfer) model.
The 240-bed greenfield hospital will serve residents of the area surrounding the Prophet's Mosque (Al-Masjid An-Nabawī), pilgrims and visitors to Madinah. The new facility is expected to have capacity to accommodate 90 emergency beds and approximately 150 inpatient beds.
The scope of the contract excludes clinical services, which will be provided by MoH.
Mott MacDonald is the design and technical consultant; HSBC Saudi Arabia is the Lead and Financial Advisor while Abuhimed Alsheikh Alhagbani Law Firm in cooperation with Clifford Chance is the legal advisor for the project.
The first source estimated the total project value at $270 million.
The project is slated for completion by the first quarter of 2026.
Alansar Hospital is the first transaction to be launched under the ‘Establishing and operating hospitals PPP initiative’ within Vision 2030.
(Reporting by Senthil Palanisamy; Editing by Anoop Menon)