Jan 31 2013
|more articles from|
SAR1.15bn set aside for Madinah roadworks
A sum of SR 1.15 billion was approved for road and transport projects in Madinah province in the current financial year, the director general of roads and transport of Madinah province announced.
He said a number of road projects are currently being carried out in Madinah province at a cost of SR 3.62 billion. The total length of roads is 1,978 km and include King Khaled Road, Yanbu Road, in addition to repair works at King Abdullah Road (second ring), Madinah-Tabuk Road, Yanbu-Amlaj-Sharma Road and other secondary and branch roads.
Earlier in the year, Transport Minister Jabara Al-Seraisry announced the Kingdom would spend SR 11 billion ($ 2.9 billion) on new road projects in 2013.
The budget allocation allows for 223 new road projects to be initiated across the country, with Riyadh and Makkah attracting most investment, an earlier report filed by Arab News said.
Riyadh will have new road projects valued at SR 1.48 billion ($ 395 million), followed by SR 1.2 billion ($ 320 million) for Makkah.
"There will be 22 road projects in Asir," the minister said, adding they would cost SR 1.1 billion ($ 293.3 million).
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- California congressman woos Sriracha pepper sauce factory after odour complaints heat up
- Church deacon, fugitive in 1981 killing, arrested in Texas
- Ohio man must pay $489,000 for fake distress report -court
- Washington state euthanizes 300 birds after cockfighting farm raided
- UPDATE 1-Retired nurse sues for $275,000 in Oregon pet duck attack
- There's More