- Minimizes risk of accidents and equipment damage in the world’s most hazardous mines, quarries, and construction sites independent of lighting and weather conditions
- Supports the most popular types of loaders, off-highway trucks, and other vehicles
Taipei, Taiwan – VIA Technologies, Inc. today announced that it will unveil its new VIA Mobile360 Heavy Equipment Safety System at MINEXPO® 2021, the world’s largest mining industry event, from 13 – 15 September 2021. The VIA booth is located at #555 in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
The VIA Mobile360 Heavy Equipment Safety System leverages its powerful 360-degree video and mmWave radar smart sensor fusion technology to provide operators of mining, excavation, and construction vehicles with real-time alerts of approaching vehicles, machinery, and workers in all weather, lighting, and working conditions. With its robust and flexible design, including a ruggedized IP67 waterproof enclosure, IP69K cameras and mmWave radar sensors, the system can be installed on wide variety of loaders, off-highway trucks, and other heavy equipment.
“With its smart visual intelligence and radar sensor fusion technologies, the VIA Mobile360 Heavy Equipment Safety System prevents accidents and saves lives in the world’s most dangerous working environments,” said Richard Brown, VP International Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. “Its ruggedized design and flexible customization options mean that the system delivers ultra-reliable operation on the most popular types of heavy vehicles independent of lighting and weather conditions.”VIA Mobile360 Heavy Equipment Safety SystemThe VIA Mobile360 Heavy Equipment Safety System is a complete solution that includes the VIA Mobile360 M810 System with an IP67 ruggedized waterproof enclosure, four FOV190° IP69K 720p cameras, three IP69K 77GHz mmWave radar sensors, a choice of 8.2” and 10.1” HD monitors, and a 4.4W speaker. An extensive range of mountings and cables is also available. Highlights include:
- Smart Sensor Fusion: To ensure the accurate and timely detection of potential safety hazards in all weather, lighting, and operational conditions, the VIA Mobile360 Heavy Equipment Safety System features smart sensor fusion technology combining camera detection with mmWave radar sensors. A single, unified interface on the in-cabin screen featuring real-time 360-degree video makes it easy for operators to view alerts and see everything that is happening around their vehicle.
- Smart Detection: The system features two configurable Warning and Critical detection zones to notify operators of potential hazards around the left, right and rear sides of the vehicle. Whenever it detects an object or a person in either zone, it displays a color-coded indicator on the operator’s in-cabin screen. If it deems the object or person as a threat due to their trajectory, a blue box will flash around the color-coded indicator and the corresponding audio alert will also be played to alert the operator of the impending danger.
- Reverse Gear: When the vehicle is reversing, all objects detected by the system’s rear camera and radar are treated as threats regardless of their trajectories, enabling the operator to take extra care when carrying out this most collision-prone maneuver.
- Supported Vehicles: The system can be installed on a wide variety of vehicles, including the CAT 972M, CAT 980M, CAT 988K, CAT 775F, and John Deere 724. A comprehensive range of customization services is available to meet specific deployment requirements.”
VIA at MINEXPO® 2021VIA is demonstrating a broad array of highly customizable VIA Mobile360 solutions that boost mining safety using the most advanced camera AI and sensor fusion technologies at MINEXPO® 2021. Highlights include:
VIA Mobile360 AI Mining Safety Kit
VIA Mobile360 D700 AI Dash Cam
VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System
VIA Mobile360 M810 System
VIA Mobile360 M820 System
About VIA Technologies, Inc.VIA Technologies, Inc. is a global leader in connecting businesses to advanced AI, IoT, and computer vision technology through innovative smart solutions for transportation, industrial, smart city, and data center applications. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA’s global network links the high-tech centers of the US, Asia, and Europe, and spans a customer base that includes many of the world’s leading hi-tech, industrial, and transportation companies. www.viatech.com
© Press Release 2021
The press release is provided for informational purposes only. The content does not provide tax, legal or investment advice or opinion regarding the suitability, value or profitability of any particular security, portfolio or investment strategy. Neither this website nor our affiliates shall be liable for any errors or inaccuracies in the content, or for any actions taken by you in reliance thereon. You expressly agree that your use of the information within this article is at your sole risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, this website, its parent company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates and the respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, advertisers, content providers and licensors will not be liable (jointly or severally) to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive or exemplary damages, including without limitation, lost profits, lost savings and lost revenues, whether in negligence, tort, contract or any other theory of liability, even if the parties have been advised of the possibility or could have foreseen any such damages.