Government of Dubai Media Office: Dubai Harbour announced today that it has assigned D-Marin Dubai to operate Dubai Harbour’s marina, the first and largest yachting community hub in the Middle East with 1,100 berths, scheduled to open October 2020.
D-Marin Dubai, a joint venture between Meraas, Dubai Holding and D-Marin, was established at the end of 2018 to meet the growing demand for the development and management of marinas in the Gulf and Middle East regions and to create a regional maritime hub in Dubai. By managing 11 unique marinas in the lonian, Aegean and Adriatic seas, D-Marin has created one of the largest international chains of marinas in the Eastern Mediterranean, promoting recreational yachting and developing sustainable businesses encouraging local employment and growth within the economy.
“Dubai Harbour will fortify the city’s status as a modern maritime hub, given the extensive range of capabilities it is set to offer on completion to a diverse clientele - from yacht owners to maritime businesses in need of a strategic logistics location.”
Located right in the heart of Dubai, in the vibrant area between Bluewaters and Palm Jumeirah, Dubai Harbour’s integrated infrastructure is built over an area of 20 million square feet and will include a purpose built cruise terminal, retail, restaurants, cafés, luxury residences and hotels.
Meraas is a Dubai-based conglomerate that aims to enhance the emirate’s cityscape with a human-centric approach to developing assets in the real estate, tourism, hospitality, F&B, retail, leisure and entertainment, technology, maritime, and healthcare sectors.
Meraas pursues its mission to build creative urban culture where thriving communities can take root. Among its investments are some of the most admired real-estate properties in premium locations, such as Bluewaters Residences, Bvlgari Residences, Cherrywoods, City Walk Residences, Nikki Beach Residences, Port de La Mer Residences, Villa Amalfi, and Zabeel Saray Royal Residence.
The company’s portfolio comprises over 80 million square feet of total developed land, more than 5000+ homes, 1400+ retail units, and 15 landmark destinations, including Boxpark, Al Seef, Bluewaters, City Walk, Dubai Harbour, Jumeira Bay, Kite Beach, La Mer, Last Exit, Pearl Jumeira, The Beach and The Outlet Village.
About Dubai Holding
Dubai Holding is a diversified global company with operations in 12 countries that employs over 20,000 people. Established in 2004, Dubai Holding manages AED130 billion worth of assets that support the diversification and growth of Dubai’s economy across 12 sectors, including tourism, hospitality, real estate, media, ICT, education, science, retail, industry and design.
The company’s portfolio includes:
- Jumeirah Group, a global luxury hotel company that operates a world-class 6,413-key portfolio of 15 properties in the Middle East, including the flagship Burj Al Arab, five properties in Europe and three in Asia, with 13 properties currently under construction around the globe.
- Dubai Properties, the diverse real estate developer behind iconic destinations such as Jumeirah Beach Residence and Business Bay.
- TECOM Group, the owner and operator of 11 sector-focused business districts, including Dubai Internet City and Dubai Media City.
- Dubai Asset Management, one of the largest residential asset management companies in the UAE.
- Dubai Retail, the retail management vertical that focuses on developing, operating and managing Dubai Holding's extensive range of strategically located retail assets across prime destinations and communities.
- Arab Media Group, the media and entertainment arm that comprises Global Village, Arabian Radio Network, Multi Platform Network and Done Events.
The company plays an integral role in achieving the objectives of Dubai’s economic diversification strategy and initiatives such as Tourism Vision 2020, UAE National Innovation Strategy and Dubai Industrial Strategy 2030.
D-Marin is a Do?u? Group company that was established to set a new benchmark in operations of the marinas. By managing 11 unique marinas in Ionian, Aegean & Adriatic Seas, D-Marin creates one of the largest international chain of marinas in the Eastern Mediterranean that promotes recreational yachting and develops sustainable businesses that encourage local employment and growth within the economy. Total berthing capacity is 8,471.
© Press Release 2019