DUBAI- An international purchase tender for vegetable oils by Egypt's state buyer, the General Authority for Supply Commodities (GASC), drew a lowest offer of $677 a tonne for 30,000 tonnes of soyoil, traders said on Thursday.
The lowest offer for sunflower oil was $694.42 a tonne for either 11,500 tonnes or 17,000 tonnes.
GASC is seeking the vegetable oils for arrival May 1-20.
The results are expected later on Thursday.
Traders provided the following breakdown of the offers, in dollars per tonne unless otherwise stated:
* ADM: 12,000 tonnes of sunflower oil at $699.00 and/or 30,000 tonnes of soyoil at $686.00
* ADM: 30,000 tonnes of soyoil at $677.00 per tonne for arrival May 10-31
* Aston: 11,500 tonnes of sunflower oil at $694.42 or 17,000 tonnes of sunflower oil at $694.42
* Alex Co. for Seeds: 10,000 tonnes of soyoil at 11,750 Egyptian pounds (equating to $678.41)
* Watanya: 10,000 tonnes of soyoil at 12,100 Egyptian pounds (equating to $698.61)
* Hakan: 30,000 tonnes of soyoil at $708.33 and/or 11,500 tonnes of sunflower oil at $697.33
(Reporting By Maha El Dahan, Michael Hogan and Nadine Awadalla; Editing by Emelia Sithole-Matarise and Mark Potter) ((Maha.Dahan@thomsonreuters.com; + 9712 4082101; Reuters Messaging: email@example.com))