Low-cost carrier flydubai has announced it will not charge passengers extra fees for any booking changes, as it prepares to welcome flyers next month.
“Flydubai offers the flexibility to make a change to the date of travel, rebook to another flight or destination without any penalties,” the airline said in a statement sent to Zawya.
Flydubai has opened the booking for scheduled services that will resume from July 7, following the lifting of travel restrictions imposed earlier by the government. It will be the first time the carrier will be restarting air travel after more than three months.
Dubai announced recently that international travelers would be able to fly to the emirate in July, but they will have to comply with stringent requirements, including a coronavirus test taken within 72 hours of departure. Passengers have also been advised to keep themselves up to date with the latest travel guidelines.
“We understand things can change, so we are offering [passengers] flexibility to change [their] ticket,” flydubai said.
The waiver of rebooking fees is one of the steps the airline has outlined as part of its “passenger partnership” campaign.
The airline assured that it has carefully reviewed the guidance and best practices recommended by international organizations for a safe restart to air travel.
However, it said, passengers also need to play an important role to make the precautionary measures work and to minimize the risk of coronavirus transmission during their journey.
“Passengers need to have confidence that the airline is taking the correct measures and they also need to understand the role they must play to protect themselves and other passengers. This relationship between the airline and the passenger defines the flydubai partnership.
Ghaith Al Ghaith, chief executive officer at flydubai said the “partnership” program is a set of simple steps that start before a passenger books a ticket until they arrive at their destination.
“It also recognizes that passengers’ plans may need to change and flydubai will offer passengers flexibility in their travel arrangements,” he said.
“Only by working together can the passenger make informed decision to book their travel. They can be confident in knowing that they can amend their travel plans should travel restrictions or personal circumstances change. This is our commitment,” he added.
The steps outlined by flydubai for its passengers also include the following advice:
- Be informed before you book. Make sure you are up to date with the regulations from the IATA Travel Centre for your whole journey
- Be kind to yourself and other passengers. If you are feeling unwell delay your trip
- Expect to take a little extra time at the airport to pass through thermal screening and to facilitate social distancing
- Offer your fellow passengers’ space and time to stow their hand baggage and take their assigned seat before you take yours. Limit your movements in the cabin
- Take enough masks, hand sanitiser and anti-bacterial wipes to last the entire trip. A mask must always be worn
- Carry only what you need. Hand baggage will be limited to a handbag or small lap top bag weighing less than 7 kilos and can fit under the seat in front of you.
(Writing by Cleofe Maceda; editing by Seban Scaria)
#Flydubai #COVID-19 #Travel #Aviation #Dubai
Disclaimer: This article is provided for informational purposes only. The content does not provide tax, legal or investment advice or opinion regarding the suitability, value or profitability of any particular security, portfolio or investment strategy. Read our full disclaimer policy here.
© ZAWYA 2020