- Mall visitors can expect a host of sustainable and environmentally friendly products, from handbags and accessories to vegan skincare and gift items, from the likes of F5 at BBZ, Call it Spring and Urban Organicx.
Dubai, UAE: City Centre Deira has launched a one-of-a-kind sustainable pop-up market. Running until 7 February, the mall is taking steps to minimise the industry’s carbon footprint by welcoming a host of sustainable brands as customers continue to put their purchasing power towards responsible retail as indicated in the results of the Big City Centre Vote.
In line with Majid Al Futtaim’s ambition to become net positive by 2040, City Centre Deira’s sustainable market is geared towards promoting conscious shopping behaviours. The pop-up brings together eco-friendly brands and small businesses to demonstrate the importance of sustainable sourcing and considered purchasing. Brands at the market include:
- F5 at BBZ: As a sustainable athleisure-wear brand, F5 aims to build a community of like-minded individuals who can proudly and comfortably wear clothes that work towards making a positive impact.
- Call It Spring: Climate neutral. PETA-approved. Free from single-use plastic bags. 100% vegan. Sustainable. Call it Spring offer stylish vegan and sustainable footwear for men and women, whilst doing the most to love the planet.
- Urban Organicx: Offering the very best in cruelty-free, ethical, and sustainable beauty from around the World.
- Boho Crafts: Selling an assortment of fashionable yet sustainable handbags, accessories, and other refined pieces.
- Shift Eco: Encouraging people to shift to more eco-friendly products, Shift Eco offers an appealing selection of personal care items, gifts, household items and much more.
- Self Love Works: Beauty and skincare lovers looking for ways to be more sustainable can shop the brand’s responsible vegan skincare products.
- Organic Ultra: The brand sells a wide collection of sustainable skincare and haircare products that are also organic.
City Centre Deira currently boasts 148 green-star-certified stores and F&B outlets including Bath & Body Works, Samsung, and Gazebo. All of which have adopted positive environmental practices including reducing their water consumption and complying with Majid Al Futtaim’s sustainability policies. Majid Al Futtaim aims to completely transform its operations to become more planet-friendly, including plans to eliminate single-use plastics by 2025.
Free entry, January 26 – 7 February, City Centre Deira
All facts and figures in this release are accurate at the time of issuance.
About Majid Al Futtaim
Founded in 1992, Majid Al Futtaim is the leading shopping mall, communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
A remarkable business success story, Majid Al Futtaim started from one man’s vision to trans-form the face of shopping, entertainment and leisure to ‘create great moments for everyone, every day’. It has since grown into one of the United Arab Emirates’ most respected and successful businesses spanning 17 international markets, employing more than 45,000 people, and obtaining the highest credit rating (BBB) among privately-held corporates in the region.
Majid Al Futtaim owns and operates 29 shopping malls, 13 hotels and four mixed-use communities, with further developments underway in the region. The shopping malls portfolio includes Mall of the Emirates, Mall of Egypt, Mall of Oman, City Centre malls, My City Centre neighbour-hood centres, and five community malls which are in joint venture with the Government of Sharjah. The Company is the exclusive franchisee for Carrefour in over 30 markets across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia, operating a portfolio of more than 420 outlets including City+, the region’s first checkout-free store, and an online store.
Majid Al Futtaim operates more than 600 VOX Cinemas screens as well as a portfolio of world-class leisure and entertainment experiences across the region including Ski Dubai, Ski Egypt, Dreamscape, Magic Planet, Little Explorers and iFLY Dubai. The Company is parent to a Fashion, Home and Specialty retail business representing international brands such as Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, AllSaints, Lululemon Athletica, Crate & Barrel, Maisons du Monde, LEGO and THAT, a Majid Al Futtaim fashion concept store and app. In addition, Majid Al Futtaim operates Enova, a facility and energy management company, through a joint venture operation with Veolia, a global leader in optimised environment resource management.