Banking industry leaders are among the many top-level executives and officials confirmed as speakers for the CBK International Banking Conference, which will be held on Monday, September 23 at the Four Seasons Hotel.
Held under the patronage of His Highness the Amir of the State of Kuwait Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jabir Al-Sabah, the event will bring together decision makers and thought leaders from across the global financial services sector.
Among regulators, these will include:
- H.E. Dr. Mohammad Yousif Al-Hashel, Governor of the Central Bank of Kuwait.
- H.E. Dr. Ahmed Alkholifey, Governor, SAMA.
- H.E. Mubarak Al Mansoori, Governor of the Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates.
- H.E. Rasheed Al Maraj, Governor, Central Bank of Bahrain.
- H.E. Datuk Nor Shamsiah Mohd Yunus, Governor – NBM
His Excellency the Governor of the Central Bank of Kuwait (CBK) Dr. Mohammad Y. Al-Hashel, had in a statement praised the level of speakers taking part in the conference, adding that the CBK was keen on securing the participation of experts in different aspects and fields of banking and finance, so that the discussions may yield a comprehensive view of the industry’s future and enrich dialogue with progressive and profound ideas.
From within the global financial services industry, conference speakers will include:
- H.E. Abdul Aziz Al Ghurair, CEO, Mashreq bank.
- Nout Wellink, Former President, Central Bank of the Netherlands.
- Omar Kutayba Alghanim, Chairman, Gulf Bank.
- Adel Abdul Wahab Al-Majed, Vice Chairman and CEO, Boubyan Bank.
- Mazin Saad Al-Nahedh, Group CEO, Kuwait Finance House.
- Shaikha Khaled Al Bahar, Deputy Group CEO, National Bank of Kuwait.
- Martin Tricaud, CEO, MENA and Turkey, HSBC.
- Dr. Garbis Iradian, Chief Economist, MENA, IIF.
- Dr. Catherine Mann, Chief Economist, Citi Global.
- James Cliffe, Managing Director EMEA, Refinitiv.
- Anwaar AlMahmeed, Co-founder, East Chain Co.
© Press Release 2019