Dubai, United Arab Emirates – In response to growing demand for smarter, more connected security systems across the Middle East, Honeywell (NYSE: HON) will demonstrate its advanced detection and cutting-edge security portfolio at Intersec 2017, taking place 22-24 January at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre (DICEC).
The global technology leader will also jointly showcase security and fire safety solutions from Xtralis for the first time in the Middle East, since Honeywell’s April 2016 acquisition of the company. Honeywell Xtralis is best known for its class-leading aspirating smoke detection, advanced perimeter security technologies and video analytics software.
“Connectivity is at the core of everything we do at Honeywell and we’re excited to be showcasing our advanced security and fire safety portfolio here in the UAE, a country which places tremendous importance on ensuring public safety,” said Norm Gilsdorf, president for Honeywell's Middle East, Russia and Central Asia regions. “As regional government bodies take strategic measures to ensure security and fire safety regulations are being strictly enforced, we look forward to using Intersec as a platform to help our customers meet evolving market requirements,” Gilsdorf added.
Honeywell’s security and fire safety solutions, which are used by government bodies and leading businesses both regionally and around the world, are increasingly leveraging software and Internet of Things (IoT) technology to drive positive outcomes in crisis situations. At Intersec, the company will showcase various software-based security platforms, such as WINMAG Plus, a Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) system, the Pro-Watch® security management suite, and the Honeywell Command and Control Suite (CCS), which can transform safety and security management at both commercial and industrial facilities. Also on display will be Honeywell's Industrial Cyber Security Solutions, which help plants and critical infrastructure sectors defend the availability, reliability and safety of their industrial control systems (ICS) and plant operations.
Honeywell to Host Industry Seminars at Intersec 2017
Honeywell will also engage customers and industry experts in a series of seminars and workshops during Intersec that will discuss the latest industry trends, technologies and best practice. Among attendees at the invitation-only events will be consultants, end-users, partners and distributors who will discuss the latest developments in the fields of video surveillance, access control, smoke detection as well as evacuation systems and PSIM, amongst other topics.
Attendees at Honeywell’s seminars will be given a demonstration of various products and solutions, including:
· The new equIP® series – a camera line featuring low-light capability, a simplified user experience, and quick installation. The line includes cameras that come in four megapixel (4MP), 1080p, and 1080p ultra-low light resolutions. These cameras feature wide dynamic range imaging, which provides accurate video capture in high-contrast lighting and extreme backlit scenes, and use edge enhancement for maximum clarity.
· WINMAG Plus – Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) – a PC-based software security platform that is specially designed for the requirements of security technology management and controls intrusion detection technology, fire detection technology, video technology, access control technology, rescue route technology, escape door control and building management systems.
· Honeywell Pro-Watch® – a security management suite platform which provides the flexibility, scalability and control required for comprehensive security management. Pro-WATCH equips organizations with the right tools to protect people, secure assets and ensure regulatory compliance by combining access control, digital video, intrusion and other functions into one powerful system.
Visitors to Honeywell’s stand at Intersec will get a glimpse of:
· Honeywell Command and Control Suite (CCS) – a collaborative, touch-screen monitor that integrates facility-wide resources. The system provides rapid access to information, enhanced contextual awareness and ease of use, which can help facilities reduce risk to business operations, while effectively controlling security, fire safety and access control parameters, among other processes.
· Honeywell Xtralis VESDA® E VEA – a new approach for addressable smoke detection. VEA provides pinpoint addressability by using a network of microbore tubes connected to sample points located in the protected area. VEA actively draws air through sample points and analyzes it for smoke particles in a centrally located smoke sensor module.
· Honeywell Xtralis ADPRO® PRO-E series – passive infrared detectors engineered to provide extraordinary reliability and accuracy, and support defense-grade perimeter protection technology. This PIR portfolio is unmatched with innovative features such as 220 meter detection range, wireless communication, easy installation, and tamper protection features.
Visit Honeywell at Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, Stand #C37, Saeed Arena – Commercial Security Zone at Intersec 2017, January 22-24, 2017.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom.
© Press Release 2017