Abu Dhabi, UAE: Abu Dhabi’s most exciting upcoming destination, Al Qana is on track for construction completion by end of Q4 2020. Developed by Al Barakah International Investment, the UAE’s ultimate social dining, entertainment and wellness space, is being built at pace for citizens, residents and visitors to Abu Dhabi to enjoy.
The landmark location which will be Abu Dhabi’s newest waterfront destination, also revealed some of its progress milestones, highlighting the exciting realization of this iconic new addition to the Emirate’s architectural and social fabric.
- 90% of the Middle East’s largest aquarium is completed
- 80% of the cinema is completed
- All four pedestrian bridges, connecting both sides of the canal (total 2200 tons of steel) are installed
- All basement parking facilities are now completed
- All major entertainment attractions are leased to world-class operators and fitting out
- Key operations management team of international experts are hired and onboard
Al Qana is a unique collection of attractions that will include state-of-the art facilities:
- The region’s largest aquarium (The National Aquarium)
- The first-of-its-kind lifestyle and wellness hub (The Bridge)
- The largest standalone cinema in Abu Dhabi (Al Qana Cinema)
- The first-to-the-UAE high-tech multiple-level Virtual Reality (VR) zone
- The state-of-the-art E-Sports arena
- A unique 4,000m2 kids’ entertainment and activity centre
- A waterside eateries and a marina with more than 90 berths
- A 2.5 km of lush landscaped community spaces along an exceptional waterfront destination.
Al Qana has so far cost over AED 1 billion to construct, under careful management by developers Al Barakah International Investment, and will be the next destination in the UAE to offer exciting entertainment and waterfront dining, all in a landscaped open-air environment.
Fouad Mashal, CEO of Al Barakah International Investment, and the leader behind Al Qana, said in a statement: “Al Qana will support the transformation of Abu Dhabi’s landscape. It’s a destination for the whole family where the great diversity of the capital will be celebrated.” He added: “The project has a clear plan and timeline in place despite the pandemic. By following guidelines from the relevant authorities, we have also successfully maintained very high health and safety measures for our office and construction site workers.”
Stuart Gissing, General Manager at Al Qana said in a statement: “We have managed to adapt to the situation and found new modes of working to ensure that there is continuity for the project’s construction and operations management. Now, more than ever before, Al Qana will be more relevant to the situation post-Covid 19 as people seek safe outdoor spaces and healthier lifestyle choices.”
For more information about the incredible construction and development of Al Qana, please visit: www.alqana.ae
About Al Qana
Al Qana is a unique waterfront destination bringing a new definition of social dining and entertainment in Abu Dhabi. The development is one of the most anticipated touristic landmarks in the capital featuring seven anchor destinations spanning over 2.4km of scenic and picturesque waterfront walkways.
Al Qana offers residents and visitors a unique collection of attractions with state-of-the art facilities from waterside eateries, the largest standalone cinema in Abu Dhabi, the Middle East’s largest aquarium, first-of-its-kind lifestyle hub including wellness facilities, first to the UAE VR zone, E-Sports arena, standalone exciting kids’ zone, and landscaped community spaces never seen before.
Al Qana is the first-ever Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) model implemented by the Abu Dhabi Municipality (ADM) and is jointly developed by Al Barakah International Investment. International Construction Contracting Company (ICCC) is the lead contractor in charge of the development of the project.
For more information about Al Qana:
TOH Public Relations
Raghad@tohpr.com / Mohaned@tohpr.com / Jon@tohpr.com
+971 4 382 8900
© Press Release 2020