- Under the theme of “ Excellence in Crisis”
- The Submission Deadline is on 1st May 2021
Dubai, UAE, The Continual Improvement Subgroup of Dubai Quality Group is pleased to announce the inauguration of the 12th Global Continual Improvement & Innovation Symposium & Award (GCIIS). The Annual Ceremony will be held virtually for the first time on two days from 1st – 2nd June 2021.
Dubai Quality Group is now accepting submissions for the GCIIS Awards 2021 from all the local and global entities in the Government and Private Sectors. Interested applicants may visit www.dqg.org for more information. The Deadline of Submission will be on 15th April 2021.
This year, the 12th Global Continual Improvement & Innovation Symposium & Award theme is “Excellence in Crisis”.
The new GCIIS Award categories consist of the Best Practices in Management, Kaizen & Innovation, Lean Six Sigma and Happiness. The Competition Assessment Criteria are the following:
- Best Practices in Management )A Leadership Practice to embrace and foster change( – problems identification & challenges, strategy, people & resources, implementation & executions, stakeholders engagement and key results
- Kaizen & Innovation –(Kaizen: an improvement that restores to basic condition/standard -Innovation: an improvement that exceeded basic conditions and established a new standard.) – problem identification, creativity, thoroughness in implementation, benefits, participation, standardization and learning & replicability.
- Lean Six Sigma (A Breakthrough process improvement using DMAIC approach.) – define the problem and goal, measure, analyze root-causes, improve solutions, control plans, financial benefits and replication potential
- Happiness & Engagement (An initiative that increased the happiness and engagement of stakeholders in Continuous Improvement.) - Initiative description, development, assessment & refinement, standardization and horizontal development.
Eng. Hassan Omar, Chairman of Dubai Quality Group, stated, “GCIIS award aims to globally promote and recognize continuous efforts of organizations, establish benchmarks for sustainability and sharing of best practices to achieve excellence in performance. The Symposium acts as a platform for acquiring knowledge about the latest developments in innovation, improvement philosophies and methodologies from industry experts all around the world. ”
Mr. Adel Yousef, Chairman of Continual Improvement Subgroup, stated, “In light of the current challenging circumstances, we have chosen the theme of “Excellence in Crisis” for this year’s Award, where we aim to highlight the integral role of Excellence in overcoming the pandemic. We encourage all sectors locally and internationally to apply and share their case studies and lessons learned to further promote how essential excellence and innovation are today”.
The Symposium & Award will feature Keynote Presentations by Case Study Competition finalists and will be followed by the awarding ceremony of the winning submissions.
About Dubai Quality group:
Dubai Quality Group is a non-profit organization set up by the Dubai Department of Economic Development under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum. Guided by the vision of H. H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, Dubai Quality Group established in 1994 to develop and promote Quality and Business Excellence practices in UAE. Dubai Quality Group organizes Quality and Business Excellence related training, events and programs throughout the year with the objective of improving and promoting Quality of Service & Business Excellence in the region. DQG hosts Free Evening Seminars conducted exclusively for DQG member organizations, to provide their employees with an effective platform for networking and knowledge sharing. Dubai Quality Group offers defferent categories of membership to companies; Platinum Partner, Gold Partner & Sliver Partner, and Pronze Partner.
For further information contact:
Doaa Afifi – Digital Marketing & PR Manager | +971 56 545 7408 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.dqg.org
© Press Release 2021