The UAE Cabinet on Tuesday approved the official calendar of public holidays for the next year. This applies for both government and private sectors.
In the UAE, a unified list for the public and private sectors ensures employees get equal number of days off.
According to a post shared by the government, the following is the full list of holidays for this year:
- Nea Year's Day: January 1, 2024
- Eid Al Fitr: Ramadan 29 to Shawwal 3, 1445 AH
- Arafat Day: Dhu Al-Hijjah 9, 1445 AH
- Eid Al Adha: Dhu Al-Hijjah 10 to 12, 1445 AH
- Islamic New Year: Muharram 1, 1446 AH
- Prophet's Birthday: Rabi' Al-Awwal 12, 1446 AH
- UAE National Day: December 2 and 3, 2024
As evident, some of the holidays mentioned in the list are based on the Hijri Islamic calendar. Their corresponding Gregorian dates will depend on moon-sighting.
Copyright © 2022 Khaleej Times. All Rights Reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).