Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) disclosed on Monday the progress report on its key projects across Dubai.
The details were published in the first quarter 2023 financial statement filed with the Dubai Financial Market (DFM).
- The 829-megawatt (MW) Phase 4 of H-Station power plant in Al Aweer is 95.49 percent complete.
- Hatta pumped storage hydroelectric power plant is 65.2 percent complete.
- 100 MW of solar capacity was added by the end of the first quarter.
- The company’s installed generation capacity at the end of first quarter 2023 stood at 14.6 gigawatts (GW) with 2.1 GW from renewable energy.
DEWA has been working on several crucial water reservoir projects.
- 87.7 percent of the 120 million imperial gallons (MIG) Nakhali water reservoir project (Phases 1 and 2) has been completed.
- The third phase of Lusaily reservoir, with a capacity of 60 MIG, is now 96.4 percent complete.
- The 120 MIG Hassyan reservoir is 16.8 percent complete.
- The Hatta reservoir, with a capacity of 30 MIG, is 83.7 percent complete.
- The company’s installed desalinated water production capacity at the end of the first quarter is unchanged at 490 million imperial gallons per day (MIGD).
DEWA commissioned four 132 kV substations and three 33kV substations by the end of the first quarter of 2023. In the same period, the number of smart electricity meters rose by 21,286 (in December 2022) to touch 1,129,816. Smart water meters increased by 14,007 (December 2022) to touch 1,010,924 at the end of first quarter.
(Writing by P Deol; Editing by Anoop Menon)