On 4th January 2018 REPDO announced that two consortiums have been shortlisted to develop the 300MW Solar PV project in Sakaka, Al Jouf as part of Round 1 of the National Renewable Energy Program (NREP). The two bidders are: 1. ACWA Power
2. Marubeni Corporation with consortium members Khaled Ahmed Juffali Energy & Utilities Limited and Axia Power Holdings BV REPDO has stated that the project will be awarded to the selected bidder in January 2018 while the deadline for financial close of the Sakaka PV project is February 2018. The project is backed by a 25-year Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with the Saudi Power Procurement Company (SPPC).
REPDO has stated that all eight bids that were submitted have been subjected to a detailed evaluation of material compliance to RFP requirements, including the 30% local content component for Round 1 NREP projects. All companies that have submitted bids for the R1 Sakaka PV RFP are invited to participate in future projects of the NREP.
The companies that submitted bids and the prices read out at the bid opening ceremony on 3rd October as was previously noted by MESIA at the MESIA trade mission in KSA are as follows: Masdar: 1,786 USDcents/Kwh
- ACWA Power: 2,341 USDcents/Kwh
- Marubeni: 2,660 USDcents/Kwh
- ENGIE: 2,771 USDcents/Kwh
- JGC: 2,784 USDcents/Kwh
- Mistui: 2,856 USDcents/Kwh
- Total: 2,859 USDcents/Kwh
- Cobra: 3,366 USDcents/Kwh
-Ends-© Press Release 2018