- The winners are the Dubai Police General Headquarter, Abu Dhabi Police General Headquarter, Dubai Health Authority, DEWA, General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs, Dubai Municipality. Arabian Automobiles Company Al Rostamani – AWR, DUCAB, Emirates Global Aluminum, Max Speciality Films Limited, Moon Iron and Steel Company, Bright Environment LLC,
Dubai: Under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority, Chairman of Dubai Airports, Chairman and Chief Executive of Emirates Airline and Group. The Continual Improvement Subgroup of Dubai Quality Group concluded the virtual Award Ceremony of the 12th Global Continual Improvement & Innovation Symposium & Award (GCIIS) on 2nd of August 2021 under the theme of “Excellence in Crisis”.
The Award aims to promote and recognize continuous efforts of organizations globally, establish benchmarks for business excellence, share best practices and actual case studies from various sectors to embolden the value of quality standards, achieve performance excellence and create awareness about their effectiveness even amidst the pandemic.
Opening the Ceremony
Eng. Hassan Omar, Chairman of Dubai Quality Group, officially opened the Award Ceremony with a welcome speech saying, “We are glad to announce that we have received an increased submission of remarkable 86 case studies this year. It is our privilege to witness the commitment of various entities to improve and promote the value of excellent standards in each cycle. We also honor the leadership and direction of our Continual Improvement Subgroup members and support of our esteemed assessors, who have exemplified their competencies and professionalism in selecting exceptional cases among the applicants.”
“Dubai Quality Group was able to demonstrate that even amidst the pandemic, organizations across the Middle East were still able to improve and grow. Moreover, we should continue to arm our organizations with excellence and use it as a tool to overcome and stand above the challenging circumstances.”
Ms. Samira Mohamed, Managing Director of Dubai Quality Group also stated, “In Dubai Quality Group, we aspire to persistently highlight the importance of valuing quality and excellence in every organization to enhance business growth amidst the challenges we are facing. Hence, we are delighted to have an increased participation and submission of outstanding 86 case studies for this year’s award. It empowers us to continually organize good-natured competition like this which showcases the best innovative practices resulting to the achievement of organizations’ goals.”
Afterwards, Mr. Adel Yousef, Chairman of Continual Improvement Subgroup, delivered a speech, saying “Inspired by the leaders of our Nation and their accomplishment by making the impossible possible during the unprecedented circumstances, projects continued to prosper, and our cities continued to cultivate innovation. This spirit is what inspired us today to proceed to award your overall achievements and outstanding results. The number of submissions received was evident that change is the only constant thing, and it proved that every obstacle is an opportunity to improve and boost business innovation.”
Lastly, Eng. Mustafa Al-Balushi, CIS member, conveyed a speech on behalf of the assessors, saying “We are delighted to see that the Award participations is hitting a record, indicating the increased interest of various organizations in adapting continuous improvement and innovations on their journey to excellence. In 2018, DQG has received 47 submissions, and in 2019, number of submissions has increased by 10. Impressively for this year 2021, we have received a total of 86 case study submissions from the Governmental and Private entities from United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, India, Oman, and Singapore. The submissions were based on four categories: Kaizen & Innovation (51%), Best Practices in Management (29%), Happiness and Engagement (13%), and lastly Lean Six Sigma (7%).”
The assessment process of the 12th Cycle of GCIIS Award is comprised of four phases. It started with receiving 86 case studies from Governmental and Private sectors in the Middle East. The assessment duration was a month. After a thorough evaluation, 24 cases have been shortlisted and were presented comprehensively to the respective assessors. The cases were mainly segregated between the manufacturing and service industries. In the final phase, the jury assessment team conferred and finally selected the winners for each category based on the best methodology adapted and results achieved.
Award Case Studies
The ceremony featured the appreciation of the Continual Improvement Subgroup members and assessment team, case study presentations of the Finalists, category of recognition for the Innovative Initiatives of participants, acknowledgement of the shortlisted cases, followed by the highly anticipated announcement of the Winners of the 12th Global Continual Improvement & Innovation Symposium & Award 2021.
The following organizations were the winners of this year’s symposium:
- Winners of “Best Practices in Management” Category:
- Arabian Automobiles Company Al Rostamani - AWR for case “Automated Communication in After sales using Machine Learning & Predictive Analysis”
- Dubai Police General Headquarter for case “Sahalat Initiative”
- Dubai Health Authority for case “Rapid Resilience Screening”
- Winners of “Kaizen” Category:
- Dubai Police General Headquarter for case “Smart Insurance System”
- Dubai Cable Company (DUCAB) for case “Optimization of Alloy Elements Consumption for EC Grade”
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) for case “Distribution Automation Implementation through RMU Motorization”
- Winners of “Innovation” Category:
- Max Speciality Films Limited for case “Turning Waste to Wealth by Recycling, Reusing and Redesigning”
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) for case “Autonomous Soiling Detection Apparatus of Photovoltaic Panels”
- Abu Dhabi Police General Headquarter for case “Intelligent Patrol Vehicles for Abu Dhabi Police”
- Winners of “Lean Six Sigma (Service)” Category:
- Dubai Police General Headquarter for cases “Run Over Accidents”
- Dubai Police General Headquarter for cases “Money Transport Project”
- Winners of “Lean Six Sigma (Manufacturing)” Category:
- Moon Iron and Steel Company for case “Reducing Rhomboidity defects in Billets from 116916 PPM to 58458 PPM
- Dubai Cable Company (DUCAB) for case “Layless Conductor Optimization”
- Emirates Global Aluminum (EGA) for case “Increase Pot Life from 1700 to 2250 Days”
- Winners of “Happiness & Engagement” Category:
- Dubai Cable Company (DUCAB) for case “Happiness & Engagement @ DUCAB”
- Bright Environment LLC for case “Happy Employees are Productive Employees”
- General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRF) for case “Al Sadaa”
- Dubai Municipality for case “Qoot Initiative”
About Dubai Quality group:
Dubai Quality Group is a non-profit organization set up by the Dubai Department of Economic Development under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum. Guided by the vision of H. H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, Dubai Quality Group established in 1994 to develop and promote Quality and Business Excellence practices in UAE. Dubai Quality Group organizes Quality and Business Excellence related training, events and programs throughout the year with the objective of improving and promoting Quality of Service & Business Excellence in the region. DQG hosts Free Evening Seminars conducted exclusively for DQG member organizations, to provide their employees with an effective platform for networking and knowledge sharing. Dubai Quality Group offers defferent categories of membership to companies; Platinum Partner, Gold Partner & Sliver Partner, and Bronze Partner.
© Press Release 2021
Disclaimer: The contents of this press release was provided from an external third party provider. This website is not responsible for, and does not control, such external content. This content is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and has not been edited in any way. Neither this website nor our affiliates guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions expressed in this press release.
The press release is provided for informational purposes only. The content does not provide tax, legal or investment advice or opinion regarding the suitability, value or profitability of any particular security, portfolio or investment strategy. Neither this website nor our affiliates shall be liable for any errors or inaccuracies in the content, or for any actions taken by you in reliance thereon. You expressly agree that your use of the information within this article is at your sole risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, this website, its parent company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates and the respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, advertisers, content providers and licensors will not be liable (jointly or severally) to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive or exemplary damages, including without limitation, lost profits, lost savings and lost revenues, whether in negligence, tort, contract or any other theory of liability, even if the parties have been advised of the possibility or could have foreseen any such damages.