Sep 13 2012
|more articles from|
Qatar's Annual Inflation In August up at 2.3% on Rising Food Costs
DUBAI (Zawya Dow Jones)--Qatar's annual inflation rate was up at 2.3% in August, compared with 2.2% in July, led by a rise in almost all of the major groups including food, beverages and furniture, official data showed Thursday.
All groups making up the overall basket of the consumer price index, or CPI, rose in August on an annual basis except rent, fuel and energy costs, which registered a drop of 3.3%, according to figures published by the Qatar Statistics Authority.
Write to Leila Hatoum at email@example.com
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- N.Korean leader Kim used luxury yacht to tour coast -website
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids
- CORRECTED-Kimberly-Clark moves to ease Venezuelan toilet paper shortage
- CORRECTED-U.S. patent case climaxes with win for Canadian vibrator maker
- UPDATE 1-"Drunk" claims upset Ukraine parliament budget hearing
- There's More