CAIRO- The lowest offer at an Egyptian state wheat tender on Monday was $350.85 per tonne for 60,000 tonnes of Romanian wheat on a free-on-board (FOB) basis, traders said.
The offer was presented by Abu Dhabi-based multinational animal feed and essential food commodities specialist Al Dahra. Al Dahra, which is owned by Abu Dhabi's state-backed firm ADQ, is a new participant in GASC tenders, traders said.
Egypt’s state grains buyer, the General Authority for Supply Commodities, is seeking an unspecified quantity of wheat for shipment Jan. 9-20.
Traders gave the following breakdown of the offers on a FOB basis in dollars per tonne:
* GTCS :60k Russian at $362.00
* Soufflet:60k French at $361.95
* ADM :60k Russian at $354.50 and or 60k Romanian at $359.00
* LDC :60k Ukrainian at $355.00
* Al Dahra :60k Romanian at $350.85
* Solaris :60k Russian at $351.37
* Grainexport:60k Romanian at $356.50
* CHS :60k Romainan at $358.40
* Viterra :60k French at $359.79
* Aston :60k Russian at $355.50
Traders said the following offers were the most competitive including cost and freight:
* Al Dahra :60k Romanian at $350.85 plus $25.10 total $375.95
* Solaris: 60k Russian at $351.37 plus $26.35 total $377.72
* ADM: 60k Russian at $354.50 plus $26.35 total $380.85
* Grainexport:60k Romanian at $356.50 plus $25.10 total $381.60
* Aston: 60k Russian at $355.50 plus $26.35 total $381.85
* LDC :60k Ukrainian at $355.00 plus $27.15 total $382.15
* CHS :60k Romanian at $358.40 plus $25.10 total $383.50
* ADM: 60k Romanian at $359.00 plus $25.10 total $384.10
* GTCS :60k Russian at $362.00 plus $27.30 total $389.30
No purchase has yet been made but tender results are expected later on Monday.
(Reporting by Sarah El Safty and Michael Hogan; Editing by Jason Neely and Edmund Blair) ((Sarah.ElSafty@thomsonreuters.com;))