Dubai: Change Management Subgroup of Dubai Quality Group (DQG) in collaboration with the Association of Change Management Professionals Middle East & North Africa, (ACMP MENA) concluded the 9th Change Management Conference 2019, Under the theme of “Achieving Project Success in The Digital Age Through Effective Change Management”. The 2-day conference was held in Dubai last month.
This year the 9th Change Management Conference aimed to experience a unique culture of change management and interaction with the industry’s most prominent thought leaders and practitioners from around the world. The conference enabled excellent networking amongst Change Management Practitioners, Executives, Project Mangers, HR Professionals, and other leaders from public sectors and leading organizations with senior representatives from solution providers and consulting firms. The conference provided the forum for discussing the latest research on managing change effectively, various case studies, tools and techniques were also presented.
The conference presented the processes, tools & techniques to manage change in organizations and given guidance on how to actively engage the workforce for an active & smooth transition to achieve an organization’s goals efficiently.
Lastly, the mix of presenters from gulf region, he wider Middle East, Europe and north America provided excellent mix of experiences, exciting and interesting topics relating to managing change effectively, aligning project and change management processes, effective engagement and realising the intended benefits from investments.
The first day of the conference opened with the welcome speech of Eng. Hassan Omar, the chairman of Dubai Quality Group, who welcomed the participants and expressed his pleasure being part of the 9th Change Management Conference. The only distinguished gathering in the region that covers this discipline which brings together change management practitioners, aiming to experience a unique culture of change management under the theme of “Achieving Project Success in The Digital Age Through Effective Change Management.
He thanked the ACMP MENA Members for their collaboration with Change Management Subgroup of DQG in butting this conference together. And interaction with the industry’s most prominent thought leaders and practitioners from around the world, which are represented by many Government and private sector entities that have shown interest in acquiring knowledge and willingness to exchange successful and unsuccessful experiences.
Followed by the opening speech of Dr. Raied Abdul-Karim, The President of the ACMP MENA Chapter, Conference Chairman & Chair of Change Management Subgroup of DQG, who said “Our conference today pays great attention to enabling employees to change the environment, support new projects and initiatives and increase their level of success. This year the conference aimed to assist the organizations how to manage effectively the Transition through Change Management, and how to eliminate the resistance during the transition phase to get great value out of it, along with improving the engagement between different stockholders.”
He added “In the Middle East we are lagging behind in terms of applying best practices of change management and in the level of investment in developing change agents and change professionals to build local capabilities and expertise. One of the key aims of the Change Management Subgroup of DQG and the Change Management Professionals Middle East & North Africa, is building the change management capabilities within organizations operating in the region in order to realise the proved benefits of change management that include higher level of project success, improved efficiency and ownership.
The first day started with powerful keynote speakers, from around the world;
- Dr. Raied Abdul-Karim, Conference Chairman, Chair of Change Management Subgroup of DQG and the president of ACMP MENA, who spoke about “Leading Large-Scale Program with Integrated Change Management at the UK National Health Service”.
- Hanane Benkhallouk, Sustain Leadership Consultancy, UAE , she spoke about “Creating a Culture of Change to Thrive”.
- Leopoldo Innecco, BAPCO, Bahrain who spoke about “True Integration Between Project & Change Management”.
- Mohammed Al Shizawi, Oman Oil Company (Orpic), Oman spoke about “Managing Complex Integration and Change”.
- Elaf Basri, Saudi Aramco, KSA, spoke about “The Inevitable Evolution: Aramco’s Transformation Journey into the World of Chemicals”.
- Darren Streete, Deconstructing HR, UAE, spoke about “The Importance of Communication Within Change Management”.
- Dr. Souraj Salah, Abu Dhabi Ports, UAE, spoke about “Company Wide Quality Culture: Lean Six Sigma as an Enabler”.
- Mumtaz Chaudhary, Pragilis Solutions Inc., USA, spoke about “7 Key Strategies for Managing Change on Your Digital Workplace Project”.
The second day concluded with strongest keynote speakers:
- Dr. Alaa A El-Halwagy, Sterling International, USA, who spoke about “The Organizational Transformation Journey - From Linear to Systemic Era”.
- Khaled Al Mobarak, Mawj Training and Consulting, KSA, spoke about “Integrating Change Management and Project Management”.
- Nancy Nouaimeh, Abela & Co, UAE, spoke about “Making Change to Achieve Excellence in a Multicultural Environment”.
- Dr. Nada Al Moosa, Ministry of Health, Oman, spoke about “The Power of Emotional Safety in Organizational Change”.
- Sadaf Khan, Emirates Group, UAE, spoke about “Team Effectiveness as a Catalyst for Transformation”
The 9th Change Management Conference 2019 has been sponsored by DEWA Main sponsor, Oman Oil Company S.A.O.C and ORPIC Gold sponsor, Sterling International Silver sponsor, and Mawj Strategic Partner.
- Ends -
About Dubai Quality group:
Dubai Quality Group is non-profit organization set up by the Dubai Department of Economic Development under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum. Guided by the vision of H. H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, Dubai Quality Group established in 1994 to develop and promote Quality and Business Excellences practices in UAE. Dubai Quality Group organizes Quality and Business Excellence related trainings, events and programs throughout the year with the objective of improving and promoting Quality of Service & Business Excellence in the region. DQG hosts Free Evening Seminars conducted exclusively for DQG member organizations, to provide their employees with an effective platform for networking and knowledge sharing. Dubai Quality Group offers 3 categories of membership to companies; Investor Partner, Corporate Membership & Affiliate Membership. www.dqg.org
For further information contact:
Business Development & PR Manager
+ 971 55 9988100
+ 971 4 3431 950
© Press Release 2019