15 December 2015
Dubai, UAE, International architecture and planning group, RMJM, which moved its international headquarters to Dubai in 2013, has taken two strategic steps which will strengthen its capabilities in the UAE and lay the foundation for the company's future growth throughout the MENA region.
RMJM has had a full time presence in the UAE since 1970 and during its 45 years in the country has developed strong relationships with Government organisations , local businesses and has delivered many significant projects. The importance of its Dubai hub within the global business, and the potential for future growth in the Middle East, were key factors in the company's decision to move its headquarters to Dubai in 2013. Now, as RMJM looks to build its business for the next few decades, the company has taken the strategic decision to relocate its headquarters to Dubai Design District (d3) and expects to move into its new office by the end of January 2016.
Explaining the rationale for the move, Harry Downie, CEO of RMJM FZ LLC stated: "During the course of 2014 we developed a successful working relationship with Tecom Investments and we started to discuss d3, and Sheikh Mohammed's visionary initiative to develop this into a world class creative community. d3 will be the future heart of the design industry and to contribute to its growth and to give our staff the opportunity to mix with other global design leaders, it was a natural decision to move into the free zone," he added.
Secondly, RMJM has been seeking a local partner in order to complement its consultancy services. After a thorough review the company has formed a strategic alliance with SIEC (Studio International Engineering Consultants), headed by Emirati Nabil Al Kindi. As a result of this alliance RMJM is able to provide a broad range of services which includes full Lead Consultancy, Architecture including AOR (Architect of Record) services, Interior Design and Construction Supervision services entirely under the RMJM umbrella. The ability to offer a single point of contact is particularly important for clients who wish to 'fast track' projects from design through to construction on site.
"RMJM is firmly committed to retaining its position at the forefront of the design industry in the UAE and with these two strategic moves we have cemented the plans for our future growth", stated Harry Downie. "I am particularly pleased to announce our strategic alliance with SIEC which allows us to deliver an even broader range of services to our client base in the Middle East and North Africa."
"There is a close synergy between our two companies as many of us have worked together before for many years, and during the course of several discussions we came to the conclusion that we could bring a very strong offering to the market if we joined forces," stated Nabil Al Kindi, Managing Director of SIEC. "SIEC's team is well connected and knowledgeable with over 65 years of collective experience in the UAE's construction industry. By combining our unlimited licence with RMJM's broad design expertise we have the potential to deliver some very exciting projects in the coming years."
- RMJM is an international firm of Architects, Planners and Interior Designers with offices throughout Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa and the Americas.
- RMJM established an office in the United Arab Emirates in 1970 and has maintained a full time presence in the country for over 40 years; the company currently has over 80 staff in its Dubai headquarters. The company is responsible for such iconic projects as the Capital Gate Tower at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, the precinct buildings at Dubai International Financial Centre and the Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights; the company has delivered projects in Bahrain, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia.
- RMJM has designed and delivered significant projects in the civic and cultural, commercial, education, healthcare, hospitality, mixed use, residential, retail, science and technology, sports and transport sectors.
- RMJM's expertise and design-led approach has resulted in over 450 design awards since the company's formation in 1956.
- For more information on RMJM's projects please visit www.rmjm.com
- Studio International Engineering Consultants was established in Dubai in 2014 as a boutique design studio comprised of Architects, Planners, and Project and Development Managers.
- SIEC has undertaken several prestigious projects on Reem Island and Saadiyat Island in Abu Dhabi and the prestigious "The Heart of Business Bay" project, a large mixed use development on a significant site in Business Bay, Dubai which comprises a major retail component, residential, serviced apartment and hotel towers.
- Previous positions held by Nabil al Kindi, Managing Director of SIEC, include Chief Operating Officer at Arabtec Construction, Chief Development Officer at TDIC and senior positions at Zabeel Investments and Emaar Properties.
- SIEC has an unlimited license for all work in Dubai and aims to produce efficient and sustainable buildings that coexist with their community and context.
- SIEC has a proven track record; its key Designers bring more than 65 years of international experience to the team, based around the delivery of several prestigious projects valued at several billion dollars.
Angela Manthorpe: Tel: +9714 329 6333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
© Press Release 2015