07 September 2015Special VIP invites will be given to corporate risk buyers
The MENA Insurance CEO Club (MICC), the think-tank of the region's insurance industry, will be hosting a Public Forum to mark its fifth anniversary to salute the value of insurance in society and its strategic partnership role in helping businesses - both big and small - to manage risks, survive and flourish.
The one-day Forum on 8 October will be held at the Conrad Hotel in Dubai with the theme of "Managing Increasing Risk Exposures in an Era of Disruptive Innovation". It will cover a wide range of hot issues, including cyber risks, health threats, geo-political risks, financial risks and the services that insurance can offer to businesses in managing these risks and controlling costs.
Open to all businesses and insurers in the MENA region, the Forum will reach out to commercial buyers of insurance and highlight the strategic role of insurance as a partner to the business community. It will discuss how insurance can help businesses enhance their competitive edge and manage their risks in an era of disruptive innovation and increasing risk exposures.
A spokesman for MICC's Steering Committee said: "It is time to recognise and salute the role of insurance in the economy and society. Hence this move by MICC serves as a platform for insurers and users of insurance to come together to see what more the insurance industry can do to better serve businesses. It will provide a 360-degree view of the different kinds of risks that the insurance industry covers."
The Forum is organised by the MICC and managed by Middle East Insurance Review(MEIR). Please click here for the full programme.
For more information about the Forum or to register, please visit www.meinsurancereview.com or contact Wee Ling at firstname.lastname@example.org/ Tel: +65 6372 3167.
About the MICC
The MICC was set up in 2010 as a by-invitation-only Club by pro-active leaders in the industry, with the vision to become the mouthpiece of and think tank for the MENA insurance industry. It has achieved several milestones in the five short years.
The Club is led by the Steering Committee consisting of Dr Bassel Hindawi, former Insurance Commissioner of Jordan; Mr Yassir Albaharna, CEO of Arig; and Mr Sivam Subramaniam, Editor-in-Chief of MEIR and Asia Insurance Review (AIR). Its members include:
- Mr Imad Abdel Khaleq, Jordan Insurance Company, Jordan
- Mr Christos Adamantiadis, Oman Insurance Company, UAE
- Mr Mahomed Akoob, Hannover ReTakaful, Bahrain
- Mr Fahad Al-Hesni, Saudi Reinsurance Company, Saudi Arabia
- Mr Nagib M Bahous, MIG Holding, Bahrain
- Mr Fateh Bekdache, AROPE Insurance, Lebanon
- Mrs Lamia Ben Mahmoud, Société Tunisienne de Réassurance, Tunisia
- Dr Michael Bitzer, National Health Insurance Company - Daman, UAE
- Mr Farid Chedid, SEIB Insurance & Reinsurance Company, Qatar
- Mr Ronald Chidiac, Arab Reinsurance Company, Lebanon
- Mr Julio Garcia-Villalon, MetLife, UAE
- Mr Michael Jensen, AIG, UAE
- Mr Mohamed Larbi Nali, Société Centrale de Réassurance, Morocco
- Mr Elie Nasnas, AXA Middle East SAL, Lebanon
- Mr Brian Reilly, Zurich Insurance Company, UAE
- Mr Andrew Smith, Ras Al Khaimah National Insurance Company, UAE
- Mr Tarek A Hayel Saeed, United Insurance Company, Yemen
- Mr Christian Vogel, Gulf Reinsurance Ltd, UAE
The MICC's secretariat services are provided by MEIR.
Established in 2006, MEIR has become an integral part of the marketplace as a highly professional magazine meeting the information needs of insurance practitioners, not only those in MENA, but those interested in doing business in the region.
MEIR is the magazine of choice for both conventional insurance as well as takaful players in these markets, as the only publication with a dedicated section on the global takaful industry. Due to its reputation and extensive reach, MEIR is the official publication for major industry events such as the GAIF and FAIR Conferences. In addition, MEIR has made its mark through technical conferences adding value to the industry.
Together with its sister publication, AIR, MEIR has nearly 30 years of experience in covering the insurance industry.
© Press Release 2015