An Omani-Australian joint venture behind the development of a key copper-gold project in Oman has announced the start of mining of high-grade copper sulphide ore at their Wash-hi Majaza mine in the Wilayat of Mudhaibi in North Al Sharqiyah Governorate.
The joint venture, Al Hadeetha Resources LLC, is a partnership between Australian mining firm Alara Resources Limited, which owns 51 per cent stake while the remaining 49 per cent is owned by Omani investors Al Hadeetha and Tasnim.
“The development of Wash-hi Majaza mine is progressing well with stripping of overburden and oxide/gossan ore continuing in Wash-hi pit, at a current depth of 25 metres below surface. High-grade copper sulphide ore exposed at 430 SRL in the pit,” Alara said in a statement.
“Samples from blast holes between 433 SRL and 427 SRL analysed at an onsite laboratory indicated the presence of high-grade copper sulphide ore at shallow levels in the pit,” the company added.
Alara Managing Director, Atmavireshwar Sthapak said: “We are delighted with the progress already made in the development of Wash-hi mine pit and pleased with high grade copper ore now being excavated in the mine.” “We look forward to providing further updates on construction activities at the Al Wash-hi Majaza Copper-Gold Project over coming months,” Sthapak added.
Al Hadeetha Resources LLC is the first international joint venture company that has been awarded a copper mining licence in Oman in 2018 for the Wash-hi Majaza project. Located in North Al Sharqiyah Governorate, the Wash-hi Majaza copper-gold deposit has been evaluated under JORC standards for over 16 million tonnes of copper resources and 10 million tonnes of mineable reserves. With an increase in global demand for copper, the Wash-hi Majaza project provides various channels of growth and prosperity in the economy as well as socioeconomical benefits to the Sultanate of Oman and local communities such as providing employment for approximately 200 Omanis, local skill developments, opportunities for local suppliers and vendors, infrastructure development and much more.
2022 © All right reserved for Oman Establishment for Press, Publication and Advertising (OEPPA) Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).