- Visiting business RegTick is a finalist for Fintech100, part of Fintech Abu Dhabi with wider attendee partnership deals announced
UAE, Dubai : Invest Northern Ireland (Invest NI), the regional economic development agency for Northern Ireland is delighted to announce that a number of leading technology companies will be exhibiting at GITEX. This visit to GITEX reflects Northern Ireland’s vibrant and growing tech ecosystem which is producing global success stories across multiple sectors such as fintech, cyber security, AI as well as data analytics. Today, Northern Ireland’s technology sector spans across 1,200 companies, with a combined worth of approximately £1 billion.
Of those attending GITEX, RegTick, a visually intuitive platform which simplifies the management of complex regulations, has been chosen as a finalist at Fintech Abu Dhabi event in November, which will again recognise the most disruptive, emerging and established fintechs from around the globe through the Fintech100.
In July 2021, SLA Digital, which provides technology solutions to connect mobile operators, merchants and mobile identity providers, announced a partnership with Etisalat UAE, one of the world’s leading telecom groups. This partnership will allow Etisalat’s customers to access more digital content with the option to charge purchases direct to their mobile phone bill or by using their prepaid credit.
In addition, Skurio, an innovative cyber security software company focusing on Digital Risk Protection, will also be attending GITEX with its partner, Bulwark, a leading provider for IT Security and Information Communications and Technology products in the Middle East and India. This partnership enables Skurio to distribute its solutions across the region as it continues to grow its geographic footprint, whilst helping a broader network of Middle East businesses to protect their businesses from cyber security threats.
Recently, a Northern Ireland Tech company called Yellow Design, specialising in immersive content for tourism using both VR and AR, won a place on the incubator Programme run by Intelak in Dubai. The programme awarded them a grant of £10,000, which has helped them in their continued development of their AR360 immersive platform.
Scott Hanna, Senior Business Development Manager at Invest Northern Ireland said:
“We are delighted to be supporting the very best of visiting companies from Northern Ireland to GITEX this October. Today, Northern Ireland has an international reputation for its industry expertise within the AI, data analytics, smart cities and cyber security sectors with a highly educated and skilled work force, which is globally in demand. In addition, exports from our technology led businesses to the region have grown by over 50% within the last 4 years, which highlights the demand for Northern Ireland’s world-class tech expertise. We look forward building on further successes for Northern Ireland in due course.”
Invest Northern Ireland’s stand will be located in Hall 8, Stand 35 at GITEX Technology 2021 at the World Trade Centre in Dubai from October 17-21.
Some of the companies which will comprise the Northern Ireland stand at GITEX 2021 include:
- RegTick - a visually intuitive platform simplifying the management of complex regulations - enabling clients to improve customer service, reduce compliance risk and cost, connect and manage distributed teams, improve project delivery, and retain an audit-record of compliance.
- Skurio – a cyber security company with a Risk Protection platform that is a fully automated solution that searches the surface, deep and Dark Web for breaches of critical business data and potential cyber-threats to an organisation. The solution offers personalised protection to customers from threats to revenue, reputation, and brand, keep them safe, and minimise the risks and costs associated with a data breach..
- Salt Communications - is the first company to provide a holistic solution for closed encrypted communications between modern smartphone users and the secure systems they access within their organisation. Our product provides full centralised control for administrators, as well as federated interfaces into and from trusted internal services. End users are those who need mobility coupled with the most secure voice and video calls, messaging and image/file transfer to enable critical decisions from any location.
- SLA Digital a company that connects mobile operators, merchants and mobile identity providers globally. Providing seamless, secure carrier billing and mobile identity solutions, SLA Digital’s platform bridges the gap between mobile operators and trusted partners, to create additional revenue streams for both parties. They have a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities of the rapidly changing mobile industry and continue to evolve their solutions to give clients a competitive advantage.
- Yellow Design - is bringing innovation to smarter, sustainable cities with their Rovar Digital Experience Platform, enabling visitors to launch virtual experiences and augmented pods at anytime, at any location that instantly highlights nearby attractions, events and points of interests. Providing real-time navigation and integrated with public transport systems, the Rovar pod incentivises the visitor to explore further, to go off the beaten track and engage with local communities. Recreating cultural and historical stories with virtual reality, visitors are encouraged to spend additional time and contributing to the local economy with data captured and visualised, allowing stakeholders to make informed decisions for the future.
- Zporty – it is the world’s only ultimate platform dedicated to sports and global sporting community. Whether you are into Football, Yoga, Ice-skating, or Basketball, the platform will give fans and athletes the opportunity to communicate and network.
- Kainos Group plc is an IT provider, across two specialist business areas, Digital Services and the Workday Practice. They work with UK government departments to help them design, develop, modernise and streamline their systems, whatever the scale or complexity. The Group's Digital Services include full lifecycle development and support of customised Digital Services for public sector, healthcare and commercial customers. These transformative solutions encompass a range of services from experience design to artificial intelligence and cloud to deliver truly intelligent solutions that are secure, accessible and cost-effective. Kainos has over 2,000 people across 12 offices in Europe and North America. Kainos is listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: KNOS)
About Invest Northern Ireland
Invest NI is the regional economic development agency for Northern Ireland. Our role is to grow the local economy by helping new and existing business to compete internationally and by attracting new investment to Northern Ireland. In the Middle East, we have International Business Offices in Dubai (Dubai Internet City), Jeddah (British Consulate General), Qatar (British Embassy in Doha), and Johannesburg, South Africa.
Invest NI’s International Business Offices help Northern Ireland companies to increase exports, develop international collaborations and seek new investment, bringing greater prosperity to this part of the United Kingdom.
© Press Release 2021
Disclaimer: The contents of this press release was provided from an external third party provider. This website is not responsible for, and does not control, such external content. This content is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and has not been edited in any way. Neither this website nor our affiliates guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions expressed in this press release.
The press release is provided for informational purposes only. The content does not provide tax, legal or investment advice or opinion regarding the suitability, value or profitability of any particular security, portfolio or investment strategy. Neither this website nor our affiliates shall be liable for any errors or inaccuracies in the content, or for any actions taken by you in reliance thereon. You expressly agree that your use of the information within this article is at your sole risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, this website, its parent company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates and the respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, advertisers, content providers and licensors will not be liable (jointly or severally) to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive or exemplary damages, including without limitation, lost profits, lost savings and lost revenues, whether in negligence, tort, contract or any other theory of liability, even if the parties have been advised of the possibility or could have foreseen any such damages.