- Adventure seekers save 50 per cent on Jebel Jais Flight: The World’s Longest Zipline, the region’s
Ras Al Khaimah: Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (RAKTDA) today announced a host of unbeatable summer offers for UAE and GCC residents visiting Ras Al Khaimah from 1st May until 30th September 2019 at Arabian Travel Market. The summer special offers are part of the Emirate’s ongoing destination marketing campaign - “I Found Ras Al Khaimah” - which highlights the hidden gems, diverse attractions and adventures on offer across the Emirate.
The summer campaign aims to showcase the diversity of offering in Ras Al Khaimah and assert its position as the ideal summer holiday destination for visitors of all ages, who can enjoy authentic Emirati history and culture, beaches that stretch along an emerald coastline, colorful marine life, unique desert landscape, and unlimited activities on Jebel Jais, the UAE’s highest mountain.
Just a short drive away from Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah is full of surprises, enough to satisfy those who seek thrills, who want serenity, who want to connect with nature or even reconnect with their families and friends. The beaches and hotels offer a wide variety of activities while the desert and mountains are ideal for safari adventures and nature trail exploration.
With authenticity and hospitality in mind, all major hotels and resorts in Ras Al Khaimah are offering complimentary stay and meals for two children under the age of 12. Visitors can choose from boutique hotels to luxurious five-star properties and resorts, including The Cove Rotana Resort, Marjan Island Resort and Spa, Double Tree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah, Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, Double Tree by Hilton Resort & Spa Marjan Island, Mangrove Hotel, Hilton Al Hamra Beach & Golf Resort and Al Hamra Residence & Village.
As home to the country’s highest mountain Jebel Jais, Ras Al Khaimah is an adrenaline-fuelled destination. Launched over a year ago, Jebel Jais Flight: The World’s Longest Zipline is one of the destination’s highest profile attractions with a strong following among adventure enthusiasts from around the world. At an incredible 2.83km long - the equivalent to over 28 soccer fields, and spanning the chasm of Jebel Jais, at over 1,680 metres above sea level, it is truly a bucket list experience, an adventure of a lifetime. Book online at www.jebeljais.ae to save 50 per cent on Jebel Jais Flight. Children enjoy free entry.
The adventure hub of Ras Al Khaimah also plays host the Jebel Jais Viewing Deck Park that features seven viewing decks to help you soak in stunning 360-degree vistas of the spectacular Hajar Mountains. For a smoother access to Jebel Jais and its adventure offerings, Jebel Jais Tours provides complimentary shuttle service from Ras Al Khaimah City, Al Hamra area and Al Marjan Island.
Haitham Mattar, CEO of Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority said: “As our tourism offering evolves in the Emirate, we must ensure our destination is attractive to all kinds of travellers with an incredible offering. Ras Al Khaimah is more than just a getaway; it’s an experience of a lifetime. Visitors can embark on our world-class adventures, indulge in luxurious pampering, or simply sit back and relax on a poolside family fun. A trip to Ras Al Khaimah is beyond the ordinary. Majestic mountains, pristine coastline, wind-blown deserts, green oases – are some of the sensory joys that are found in Ras Al Khaimah.”
Boasting over 7,000 years of unique history, culture and heritage, the destination promises an authentic Arabian and nature-based experiences. Captivating traditions such as camel racing, falconry and horse-riding are still a key part of local life. The Emirate boasts 18 historic fortifications, castles and towers dating back to the bronze age.
Built during the 19th century on the foundations of much older structures, Dhayah Fort is the only hilltop fort still existing in the country and the most-visited archaeological site in Ras Al Khaimah and a must-visit for cultural explorers. To learn about the Emirate’s past of the coveted pearling industry, visitors can take a trip to Suwaidi Pearls Farm to immersive themselves in a range of experiences including pearl diving, oyster opening experience, kayaking, and a traditional lunch.
For a convenient journey to Ras Al Khaimah, visitors will be also able to plan and book complimentary shuttle bus tickets online at Ras Al Khaimah Shuttle Bus choosing between two convenient pickup points at Dubai International Airport (terminals 1 and 3), to enjoy a 45-minute scenic route with magnificent desert views, then dropped off at any of the main hotels in Ras Al Khaimah.
Hotel guests in Ras Al Khaimah will also be able to save 50 percent at Dubai Parks & Resorts, in addition to privilege discounts at Dubai Mall with complimentary shuttle service.
Visitors of Ras Al Khaimah can find a variety of enticing offers by logging on to: https://en.rasalkhaimah.ae/staycation/
Top things to see, do and visit in Ras Al Khaimah this summer:
- Jebel Jais Flight: The World’s Longest Zipline – A Guniess World Record Holder, the Jebel Jais Flight is an adventure of a lifetime and a true bucket list experience that draws thrill seekers from around the world.
- Al Wadi Nature Reserve: Located in Wadi Khadeja, the beautiful Al Wadi Nature Reserve within Wadi Khadeja is a 1,235-acre protected area home to a huge array of local wildlife. It has everything from rare insects to desert foxes and Arabian Oryx. Adults and kids alike will love the variety of adventure activities available including an archery zone, a falconry that is also home to hawks, owls and eagles and our favourite - a game viewing ride on horseback.
- Water Activities – Situated on the North Eastern coast of the UAE, Ras AL Khaimah provides the prefect location for all water activities. The clear blue waters provide the perfect conditions for sucba diving, snorkelling, sailing, fising, jetskiing, and kayaking.
- Desert Activites – Capture an insight into the life of Bedouins at various desert camps and camel treks or thrill your senses on a four-wheel drive safari.
- Suwaidi Pearls Farm – Take a journey back in time with an immersive trip with the only pearl farm in the region. Suwaidi Pearls Farm is a unique cultural experience in Ras Al Khiamah that provides a special guided tour to helps visitors get acquainted with the historic significance of pearling and an insight into the lives of pearl divers, followed by a glimpse into the modern process of ‘cultivating’ pearls.
- Dhayah Fort - Quench your historic curiosities at Dhaya Fort, the most visited archaeological site in Ras Al Khaimah and a prime example of heritage site conservation in the Emirate. Built during the 19th century on the foundations of much older structures, it is the only hilltop fort still existing in the UAE and offers a fantastic view of the lush palm gardens, the sea and the dramatic mountains.
- Golfing at Al Hamra Golf Club - Ras Al Khaimah is quickly becoming a leading destination for golf. Al Hamra Golf Club offers an eighteen-hole course (across 7,325 yards) with a broad range of facilities to enhance your enjoyment of the day - both on and off the course. The floodlit course even enables golf-fans to play after sunset.
- Karting at RAK Track– Enjoy the thrill of karting at Ras Al Khaimah’s only outdoor karting facility. Participants from age 7 years and above can experience the thrill of racing against friends and family on the 1.1km outdoor karting track. All karting experiences includes safety gear (suit and helmet), a safety video briefing, live timing and score sheet.
- Sea Wings seaplane ride – Experience a thrilling water take off and landing aboard a luxurious seaplane. Take in stunning views of vast deserts, amazing Corniche, The Lagoon, pristine beaches with this unique aerial sightseeing tour of Ras Al Khaimah.
- The Rainforest Spa at Ritz-Calton Al Wadi Desert Spa - The Rainforest is a unique wellness sanctuary in Al Wadi combining the best of European hydrothermal culture with Middle-Eastern bathing rituals.
Photo caption (1):
Photo caption (2): Suwaidi Pearls activation at RAKTDA pavilion showcasing the discovery of pearls with oyster opening demonstrations
About Ras Al Khaimah
Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) is the northernmost of the seven Emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates. It is known for its rich history, dating back 7,000 years, and diverse landscape, from 64km of pristine beaches, to terracotta deserts and an imposing mountain backdrop. The Emirate is home to the highest peak in the UAE, Jebel Jais, which features the world’s longest zip line, at almost 3km.
RAK is also centrally located at the modern crossroad between Europe and Asia, with one third of the world’s population within four hour’s flying time, making it an ideal location for businesses to expand into the UAE, the Middle East and Africa and beyond.
At the Emirate's economic heart lies several major companies and sectors - industrial (including RAK Rock and Stevin Rock’s quarries, RAK Ceramics and Julphar Pharmaceuticals); RAK Ports; RAK Economic Zone; banking via RAKBANK; RAK Gas and tourism. Supporting these industries is a modern infrastructure, state-of-the-art industrial areas and business parks and world-class hotels, facilities and attractions for tourists.
For the past decade, Ras Al Khaimah has been consistently rated ‘A’ by Fitch and Standard & Poor’s rating agencies and already the Emirate is home to more than 15,000 businesses from 100 countries representing over 50 industries. RAK Courts is also the second-fastest court in the world at enforcing contracts in commercial disputes.
To learn more about Ras Al Khaimah, visit us at:
About Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (TDA)
The Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (TDA) was established in May 2011 under the government of Ras Al Khaimah. In order to attract 1.5 million visitors by 2021, and 3 million visitors by 2025, the Ras Al Khaimah TDA aims to develop the Emirate’s tourism infrastructure and establish Ras Al Khaimah as a world-class destination for leisure and business travel, creating sustainable investment opportunities and enhancing the quality of life for its residents. In order to achieve its goals, the Ras Al Khaimah TDA has a government mandate to license, regulate and monitor the Emirate’s tourism and hospitality industry.
For further information, please contact:
Asda’a Burson Cohn & Wolfe
+971 (4) 4507600
Director of Corporate Communications & Public Relations, RAKTDA
+971 (0)7 233 8998
Disclaimer: The contents of this press release was provided from an external third party provider. This website is not responsible for, and does not control, such external content. This content is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and has not been edited in any way. Neither this website nor our affiliates guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions expressed in this press release.
The press release is provided for informational purposes only. The content does not provide tax, legal or investment advice or opinion regarding the suitability, value or profitability of any particular security, portfolio or investment strategy. Neither this website nor our affiliates shall be liable for any errors or inaccuracies in the content, or for any actions taken by you in reliance thereon. You expressly agree that your use of the information within this article is at your sole risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, this website, its parent company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates and the respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, advertisers, content providers and licensors will not be liable (jointly or severally) to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive or exemplary damages, including without limitation, lost profits, lost savings and lost revenues, whether in negligence, tort, contract or any other theory of liability, even if the parties have been advised of the possibility or could have foreseen any such damages.