Dubai, United Arab Emirates: –For Taste Estonia, the F&B platform of Enterprise Estonia, the 2023 edition of Gulfood has been the most successful ever with the largest ever delegation of 18 leading Estonian companies. With multiple deals signed, 3 Innovation Awards won, strongest ever interest received from UAE government, Media and the public, Estonia showcased the country’s healthy organic produce and innovative concepts to the local market. At Gulfood Top Table Feature, Chef Peeter Pihel showcased the Estonian exquisite and sustainable cuisine. The Click & Grow wall at the Estonian Pavilion and TFTAK’s participation in Gulfood Inspire highlighted the country’s commitment to sustainability and innovation in the food industry.
Here are Taste Estonia’s key highlights from Gulfood 2023:
- 77% of the participating brands secured new orders or signed contracts with local distributors in the region.
- 66% stated they have found new partnerships via the Gulfood 2023 showcase.
- 6.7% of the participating brands received new investment proposals to grow their business in the region.
- Leading Estonian brands Revala, Rosena DK and Must Umami have won the three awards at the Gulfood Innovation Awards 2023, in the Best Dairy Product, Best Health and Wellness Product and Best Organic Product Categories respectively.
- The Click & Grow wall was one of the major showstoppers at the Estonian Pavilion, resulting in a significant number of inquiries to supply hydroponic gardens in the region.
- The innovative, biotechnology solutions from TFTAK piqued interest from businesses in the region, and stirred fruitful conversations about functional product development and plant-based alternatives.
In addition, some of the Estonian participating brands expressed that Gulfood served as a turning point to their business growth, resulting in orders and deals beyond the Middle Eastern region and invitations to expand distribution to other continents.
For more information about the Estonian brands that took part in Gulfood 2023, please visit the website here.
About Taste Estonia
Taste Estonia, the Food and Beverage sector platform brand of Enterprise Estonia, supports the Estonian manufacturers to export their products in global markets, through relevant export-related programs, presence in industry events around the world and targeted marketing initiatives. The quality of Estonian food relies on the clean resources available in the country and has been rated as on of the cleanest in the world by the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations.
For media enquiries:
Laura Davison – TishTash Communications – Laura@tishtash.com
Marwa Mohamed – TishTash Communications - Marwa@tishtash.com