Dubai Police is one of the important government bodies offering many of its services on digital platforms.
Services from paying traffic fines and reporting minor traffic accidents to tipping off police
about a crime and applying for a good conduct certificate — these can now be done online — or by visiting the smart police
station kiosk (in Dubai City Walk, for example) which though has no physical officer present, offer the services.
There are up to 125 services available on the Dubai Police app
today, both on the iOS and Android platforms.
List of top services in the app:
- Pay traffic fines
- Report minor accident
- Good conduct certificate
- Home security
- We are All Police programme
- Lost and found certificate
- Dubai Police Eye - Crime reporting
Saif Nabeel, 39, Iraqi, construction engineer
“I’m using Dubai Police app since 2016 when I had a minor accident and the officers told me to download the app and report the accident to get accident report. It was amazing. It took me 10 minutes only to get the report. I like the map in the app which shows me the nearest police station and the [traffic] status of the road. I give the application five on a scale of five.
“Not having customer service centres will not make a difference as most of the services are available online or in apps.” GDRFA-Dubai has smart phone app that provides access to the most frequently required services of Dubai immigration.
As a Dubai citizen or resident sponsor, people can:
- Apply for a visit visa for relatives.
- Use the smart gates on the airport with the app if registered already for the gates
- Apply for a residence entry permit for family members (wife and children)
- Apply for new residence for your family members (after they have arrived to the UAE with a residence entry permit)
- Renew residence permits for family members.
- Transfer residence to new passport.
- Check the residence and entry permit status
- Apply for fee refund for refused applications and warranty refund for entry permits
- Request or renew UAE passport.
As a tourist:
As a company registered in Dubai, you can:
- View list of individuals your organisation sponsors.
- Generate sponsor and sponsored report
- Get answers for legal concerns related to Dubai immigration rules and policy.
Another app called UAE wallet turns your smartphone into your passport.
The app facilitate travel process at Dubai international airports. Travellers can use their smart phones to pass through electronic gates within 15 seconds. Website: https://www.dnrd.ae Mustafa Fadhil
, 35, Iraqi
“The UAE wallet application by GDRFA, can help one pass through passport control and people can get their visa online now by submitting their documents. But sometimes, when applying for entry permit, the visa type is not displayed in full. At times, it is difficult to use this service.
I believe that is would be advantageous to make all services smart without need to visit GDRFA headquarter or branches.”
© Al Nisr Publishing LLC 2017. All rights reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).