Facebook has announced a partnership with the Mohammed bin Rashid School for Communication (MBRSC) at the American University in Dubai, to launch a dedicated Blueprint program to empower pre-professional students with Facebook Advertising knowledge, and introduce them to partners for internship opportunities, to provide them with real-life experience before they are hired for full-time roles.
The pilot program targets 150 students for a 6-month course, which will begin with a month-long Blueprint online course, followed by in-person training for four weeks. Students will then be invited to a career fair to set up opportunities for them to meet brands and agencies with available internships. After the completion of the internship, students can then take the Blueprint Certification Exam to complete the course.
Dr. Carol Melhem-Moufarrej, Associate Dean of the Mohammed Bin Rashid School for Communication (MBRSC) at the American University in Dubai (AUD) said “Here at AUD, and the MBRSC, we are pleased with this privileged agreement. This will facilitate our students’ ability to earn the Facebook Certification and an internship at prominent media and marketing companies in Dubai through an exclusive job fair organized by Facebook.
Yasser Noueiry, Agency Partner at Facebook, added: “As our business continues to grow in the region, our goal is to equip talented rising marketing professionals with a profound knowledge of Facebook’s family of apps and services. Through our partnership with AUD, we look forward to empowering a new generation of marketers in the region and inspire other universities in the region to offer Facebook’s Blueprint programs amongst junior students.”
Marc Ghosn, General Manager at Wavemaker added: “We are proud and thrilled to have played a major role in building the bridge between AUD and Facebook. We believe that this is the first step in redefining the future of education and empower the next generation. At Wavemaker, our core belief and mission are to reward our communities, and we are optimistic that other universities will follow this journey.”
Facebook’s Blueprint courses are also available in Arabic. By expanding Blueprint’s catalog of available languages, Facebook aims to provide more people around the world with the tools they need to help grow their businesses and expand their marketing skills.
Facebook’s Blueprint has three components:
- Blueprint e-learning center. More than 50 online video modules in nine languages covering topics including targeting your advertising, creating better ads and using analytics.
- Blueprint Live. In-person training events, aimed at digital marketing professionals.
- Blueprint Certification. A series of lessons and two proctored exams, leading to the certificate of “Facebook Certified Planning Professional”.
Facebook Blueprint is aimed at three target audiences:
- Small businesses, not-for-profits and their employees. They can use Blueprint videos and training to learn how to use Facebook more effectively. There is no cost, and you can access videos anytime. To date, 73% of the 1 million enrollees of Blueprint courses have been small businesses.
- Advertising and communication agencies: employees of marketing agencies can use both the online programs and, if available, Blueprint Live, to improve and certify their digital marketing capabilities. This can help them attract, retain and better serve clients.
- Curious individuals and hopeful ad pros: those who want to improve their social media marketing capabilities.
© Press Release 2018