Abu Dhabi, UAE: The National Health Insurance Company – Daman’s Board of Directors today announced the confirmation of Hamad Al Mehyas as the company’s Chief Executive Officer. He led the company following a major reorganisation last year when he was promoted from Chief Commercial Officer – Abu Dhabi to Deputy CEO.
Commenting on the appointment, H.E. Tareq Abdulraheem Al Hosani, Daman’s Chairman said: “On behalf of all members of the Board, it is my pleasure to announce Hamad Al Mehyas as Daman’s new CEO after a demonstrable track record of achievement during his time in Daman. Particularly, his success in delivering on the mandate given to him and the company last year as we went through a wide-ranging transformational programme.”
His Excellency added: “It was important to select someone who knows Daman well, appreciates the nature of its work, understands its impact on millions of individuals and its value to the economy. In this appointment, we reaffirm our commitment towards investing in Emirati talents and increase their presence and contributions in leadership positions across the sector. The Board and I are confident that he is the right choice for the company and wish him the very best in taking Daman towards a prosperous new chapter.”
Mr Al Mehyas first joined the UAE’s largest health insurer in 2014 as Chief Process Officer to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of Daman’s operational processes including claims management, after-sales operations and the 24-hours customer care call centre. He later held the position of Chief Commercial Officer – Abu Dhabi where he oversaw the management of the Daman’s portfolio of clients in the Emirate which include major Government and corporate policies.
“I am incredibly honoured and humbled by the confidence and trust of the Board and shareholders. As we restructure and transform our business operation in preparation for this new decade and beyond, I would like to assure our clients, members, partners and the wider medical sector that Daman under my leadership is here to support you. I am also personally committed to nurture our human capital, talent, and future leaders, including the next generation of UAE nationals in the company.”
“Daman has a bright future ahead of it, underpinned by a strong partnership with Government institutions and our society; in addition to creating tremendous value for the private sector. We are building a platform for sustainable growth, based on increased efficiencies and smart innovation. I look forward to the journey ahead and sharing our success with everyone,” added Al Mehyas.
In addition to his role in the company, Hamad Al Mehyas is the General Manager of Daman Healthcare Solutions and sits on the Board of Independent Health Information Technology Services (inHealth). He also serves as Vice Chairman of Emirates Insurance Association Board, Chairman of Supreme Technical Committee and Chairman of Life and Health Insurance Technical Subcommittee.
He holds a master’s degree in DNA Profiling from University of Central Lancashire and a Bachelor of Science degree in Forensic Medicine from Glamorgan University, both from the United Kingdom; he is also a licensed Forensic Medicine Specialist, a member of the International Society for Forensic Genetics, Germany, and a former member the UK Forensic Science Services.
National Health Insurance Company – Daman
The National Health Insurance Company – Daman is the UAE’s leading health insurer providing comprehensive health insurance solutions to 2.5 million members in the UAE.
Daman is part of ADQ, one of the region’s largest holding companies with a broad portfolio of major enterprises spanning key sectors of Abu Dhabi’s diversified economy. ADQ owns 80% of Daman’s shares with the remaining 20% owned by Munich Re who is also a strategic partner.
Daman, a pioneer in health care insurance, drives innovation through a combination of state-of-the-art technology and healthcare-related expertise offered by a highly skilled and knowledgeable workforce. Members benefit from added value through unique offerings such as the disease management programmes. Daman provides a 24/7 customer call centre and medical services authorisation team who are in direct contact with Daman’s network of over 3,000 medical facilities. The company also provides a diverse range of digital services that are unmatched in the UAE.
Daman has set high standards in the health insurance industry and has been awarded a number of internationally recognised awards and quality-focused certifications in a relatively short span of time.
+971 52 893 2016
© Press Release 2020