Dubai: At Al Naboodah Group Enterprises, the health and safety of employees has always been a top priority. As a result, in response to the Coronavirus pandemic, the Group has taken a number of special measures to combat the spread of infection, and ensure the continuity of vital operations.
With over 10,000 employees, 6,000 of whom are accommodated in the Group’s own residential facilities, responding sufficiently to the health crisis has represented a significant logistical challenge for the HSE and Facilities Management teams.
Concurrently, a Rapid Response Team was formed comprising representatives from departments across the entire Group, including Sustainability, HSE, Facilities Management, IT, HR, Procurement, and Marketing & Communications. Reporting directly to the Group’s Managing Director, the Rapid Response Team has been tasked with coordinating the response of the Group’s many businesses and departments to the crisis based on their individual needs, and ensuring that consistent and accurate messaging is conveyed to all stakeholders.
Almost immediately, remote working drills were conducted to assess the robustness of the Group’s VPN solution under heavy usage. After successful drills, senior management approved a work-from-home policy for staff deemed capable of working remotely.
Commenting on the measures being taken, Swaidan Al Naboodah, Managing Director of Al Naboodah Group Enterprises, said: “Al Naboodah has always been known for its commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of its employees. With the Coronavirus pandemic, the dedication and resilience of our HSE, Facilities, HR and Rapid Response teams have been tested to their very limits, and they have risen to the challenge with impressive levels of competence. I’m proud of the selfless efforts of everyone in the Group who has contributed to managing the effects of this global health crisis on our employees and our businesses.”
Additional measures taken so far within the Group include:
- Issuing of regular communications on preventing the spread of COVID-19, including display of posters on noticeboards in multiple languages promoting good hygiene and guidance on steps to take in the case of a suspected infection.
- Increasing cleaning and disinfectant regimens across all offices, showrooms, yards, sites and accommodations, paying particular attention to door handles, taps, keyboards, mouse, telephones, equipment, washrooms, and anywhere there is regular hand contact.
- Deployment of hand sanitiser dispensers across all common areas and prominent places, along with posters encouraging regular use.
- Deep cleaning and disinfecting of all staff and worker transportation after every journey, with particular attention to hand holds, handles, seats and seatbelts.
- Extension of working hours of medical facilities and clinics within Employee Villages, with additional resources to respond to potential outbreaks where necessary.
- Coronavirus isolation and observation areas established to quarantine those considered to be at risk of infection, with medical provisions and staff provided to constantly monitor and assess.
- Separate catering provisions with increased health and hygiene measures to be provided to quarantine areas.
- Routine screening of all employees with digital infrared thermometers and visual observation. Employees displaying any symptoms are isolated immediately.
- Issuing travel guidelines restricting travel for all employees, and enforcing a mandatory quarantine period of 14 days for those returning from trips abroad.
- Transportation arrangements to quarantine areas for the employees returning from leave and living in Employee Villages.
- Suspension of all public gatherings, including group training and awareness sessions and all social events and activities.
- Suspension of guest visits to accommodation facilities.
- Closing of all common facilities including gyms, recreation rooms, education rooms, etc.
The Group’s various businesses and departments are reporting to the Rapid Response Team in real time, and adjustments are being made daily to respond to ongoing developments. It is also monitoring the websites of the Dubai Health Authority, the Ministry of Health & Prevention and the World Health Organisation, among others, to keep abreast of the latest news and information. These health measures and responses to the COVID-19 crisis may change based on new developments.
About Saeed & Mohammed Al Naboodah Holding LLC:
Founded in 1958 by two brothers, the Saeed & Mohammed Al Naboodah Group is among the most well-respected family company names in the UAE. Saeed & Mohammed Al Naboodah Holding LLC was set up in 1979 as the parent company for the Group, and is run by a Board led by the Group Chairman.
About Al Naboodah Group Enterprises:
The management of the Group’s operating divisions is undertaken by Al Naboodah Group Enterprises (ANGE). Employing over 10,000 people of almost 50 different nationalities, ANGE’s core business focus covers civil engineering, building and MEP, as well as managing a diverse portfolio of businesses and global brands in the automotive, transportation, travel, electrical, logistics, agriculture, smart cities and renewable energy sectors. Al Naboodah is a trusted brand renowned for the delivery of world-class projects and services and exceeding the quality demanded by its clients.
For more information, please visit: www.alnaboodah.com
For more information, contact:
Group Marketing and Communications Department
+9714 201 9297
© Press Release 2020