KUWAIT CITY — Kuwait on Monday reported 388 new coronavirus cases, bringing the total number of confirmed infections in the country to 68,299, according to a statement from the Ministry of Health carried by Kuwait News Agency.
The ministry also announced four more deaths resulting from complications caused due to coronavirus, taking the total number of virus-related fatalities in the country to 461.
Of the new cases, 282 were Kuwaiti citizens while the remaining 106 were of expatriates from different countries, according to the health ministry’s spokesman Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad.
The figures include people, who came into contact with the infected individuals, and others whose source of infection is currently being investigated. Al-Sanad said.
The spokesman also said that the number of active cases in the country stands at 8,099 out of which 126 are currently receiving necessary medical care in intensive care units.
A total of 2,038 swab tests were conducted over the past 24 hours, raising the total number of coronavirus tests done in the country since the outbreak of the pandemic to 511,599, the spokesman added.
He reiterated the strict need to abide by health precautions, urging nationals and expatriates alike to follow social distancing rules as it is the only way to keep the virus at bay.
Earlier in the day, the health ministry said 526 more patients recovered from the virus, pushing the total number of those who have overcome the disease to 59,739.