3,800 people attend free medical camp in RAK

Over 75% of patients men, most of them low-income workers.

  

Over 3,800 people, mostly low-income workers, benefitted from a free medical camp conducted in Ras Al Khaimah last Friday. Neeraj Agarwal from the Indian Consulate, inaugurated the camp at 8am and the registration continued till 3pm.

"The public flocked to the campsite from various parts of Ras Al Khaimah and also other emirates - Sharjah, Ajman and Umm Al Quwain," said Adv. Najumudeen, general secretary of the Indian Relief Committee in RAK, which ran the camp at the New Indian School.
Dr Nisham Noorudheen, president of the Indian Relief Committee and chairman of the camp, said 75 per cent of the patients were men, while the remaining 25 per cent were women and children.

"We were able to do lipid profile tests for 1,800 patients, ultrasound for 65, ECG for 176, bone mineral density for 350, dental care for more than 500, breast cancer screening for 75, oral screening for mouth cancer for 65, health education for 169, eye test for 300, and BP glucose test for all."

Prasad Sreedharan, a social worker affiliated with a medical committee recently constituted by the Consulate-General of India (CGI) in Dubai, told Khaleej Times that medicines were distributed free of cost under the leadership of A.K. Sethunath along with 20 pharmacists.

The event was conducted under the patronage of CGI - Dubai, in association with the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Interior, RAK Public Works Department, Association of All Kerala Medical Graduates (AKMG), RAK Hospital and Julphar Pharmaceutical Company.

"More than 20 general practitioners, 30 specialists, 20 consultants and 150 paramedics worked for the success of the camp," he said. "The head of the breast clinic from the Saqr Hospital led the breast screening for females. Mammography was also available on the premises with the support of Pink Caravan."

Copyright © 2018 Khaleej Times. All Rights Reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).

Disclaimer: The content of this article is syndicated or provided to this website from an external third party provider. We are not responsible for, and do not control, such external websites, entities, applications or media publishers. The body of the text is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and has not been edited in any way. Neither we nor our affiliates guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions expressed in this article. Read our full disclaimer policy here.

More From Health