Proposal submitted to MOH to quarantine arriving expats in Kuwait instead of other countries

Travelers from any of the 34 prohibited countries can stay for 14 days in any country other than those prohibited

  
A Kuwaiti passenger holding his luggage walks by the police and civil aviation personnel upon his arrival from Amman at Kuwait Airport, following the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in Kuwait City, Kuwait April 21, 2020.

A Kuwaiti passenger holding his luggage walks by the police and civil aviation personnel upon his arrival from Amman at Kuwait Airport, following the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in Kuwait City, Kuwait April 21, 2020.

REUTERS/Stephanie McGehee

KUWAIT CITY: Deputy Director General of Kuwait International Airport Affairs, Director of Engineering Department at Kuwait International Airport, and Chairman of the Executive Committee for Commercial Flights Restoration at the airport Engineer Saleh Al-Fadaghi says the circular issued previously to all airlines operating at Kuwait International Airport regarding the ban on commercial flights to 34 countries is still in effect based on instructions of the health authorities, reports Al-Anba daily.

These affected countries include India, Iran, China, Brazil, Colombia, Armenia, Bangladesh, the Philippines, Syria, Spain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Iraq, Mexico, Indonesia, Chile, Pakistan, Egypt, Lebanon, Hong Kong, Italy, North Macedonia, Moldova, Panama, Peru, Serbia, Montenegro, Dominican Republic, Kosovo, Afghanistan, France and Argentina.

Al-Fadaghi affirmed that travelers from any of the 34 prohibited countries can stay for 14 days in any country other than those prohibited, and then obtain a PCR certificate before coming to Kuwait.

He indicated about a proposal submitted to the Ministry of Health to place the arriving passengers under quarantine inside Kuwait instead of other countries, adding that the minister is studying the proposal for approval or rejection.

In a special statement, Engineer Al-Fadaghi revealed that the prevention of the arrival of any traveler from these countries to Kuwait is based on many readings by the Ministry of Health, including recommendations and statistics of the World Health Organization and severity of the spread of COVID-19 virus as well as the high number of COVID-19 infected cases in these countries.

Furthermore, he stressed that only one person is allowed to enter the airport and receive their family who return from abroad.

Al-Fadaghi explained that the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and various governmental and private entities have been working round the clock since the COVID-19 pandemic without stopping.

There was an increase in the working hours during the first days. Also, the cargo and evacuation operations have been ongoing, and work has been progressing based on the plan approved by the Council of Ministers, namely the commercial operation stage, at a rate of 30 percent.

He said, “As soon as a vaccine for COVID-19 virus is discovered, normal activities will resume”.

© 2020 Arab Times Kuwait English Daily. All Rights Reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).

Disclaimer: The content of this article is syndicated or provided to this website from an external third party provider. We are not responsible for, and do not control, such external websites, entities, applications or media publishers. The body of the text is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and has not been edited in any way. Neither we nor our affiliates guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions expressed in this article. Read our full disclaimer policy here.

More From Policy