As populations rapidly increase and cities become more crowded, it has never been more important to make sustainable, smart plans for urban expansion to ensure our cities remain happy, healthy and connected. In achieving this goal, utilising the expertise of landscape architects, urban planners and sustainability experts is absolutely critical.
Expotrade Global proudly welcomes the Middle East Smart Landscape Summit back for its 9th instalment on the 31st March and 1st April 2021 at Le Méridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre. This two day summit will bring together the experts in sustainability, landscape architecture, urban planning and smart infrastructure for educational presentations, lively panel discussions and exclusive networking opportunities. The summit will cover a wide range of topics, including the UAE’s Green Growth Strategy, water conservation, green structures, cost-effective retrofitting and effective soil maintenance suited to the Middle Eastern topography to name a few.
Just some of the esteemed speakers at this event include:
- Our guest of honour, Yousif AlMutawa, CEO of Sharjah Sustainable City
- Taleb Abdulkareem Jilfar, Executive Director - Infrastructure Services Division of the Dubai Municipality
- Martha Schwartz, Senior Partner at Martha Schwartz Partners. Martha will join Steven Velegrinis, Head of Master Planning at AECOM, as they discuss the evolution of the landscape architect’s role in their joint presentation, ‘We are Not Exterior Decorators’
- Boris Fabinski, Senior Landscape Architect at AE7. Boris will discuss the benefits of green structures in his presentation ‘Green Roofs & Walls – Improving Our Living Environment’
- Andrew Leech, Commercial Director at Geofabrics Limited. Andrew will share the challenges in sustainable landscaping and provide a Geosynthetics perspective on the topic.
- Sherif Hosny, Founder & CEO of Schaduf. Sherif will share some real world examples of socio-environmental development in his presentation, ‘Case Studies of Socio-environmental Development Through Landscape Architecture & Micro-Farming’.
- Ala Hason, Office Director – Principal at HKS Architects
- Robert Shakespeare, Group Design Director of Landscape Architecture at Cracknell
- Ayub Hassan Algaferi, Head of Parks Section at Al Ain Municipality
- Clinton Southorn, Cluster Director of Agronomy, Abu Dhabi Golf Club - Saadiyat Beach Golf Club - Yas Links Abu Dhabi
- Michael Austin, Senior Urban Planner at the City of Bellevue, Washington
- Haism El Masir, Lead - Urban Planning Project Engineer at Abu Dhabi Housing Authority
- Ben Griffiths, Director of Agronomy at Trump Golf Dubai
- Husain Al Saeedi, Director Of Technical Services Operations Dept at the Abu Dhabi City Municipality
- Fady Nassim, Executive Head of Urban Planning at Jeddah Economic Company - Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Steven Velegrinis, Head of Master Planning at AECOM
- Farah Yassine, Sustainable Resource Management Lead - Environment & Sustainability at WSP Dubai
- Marlon Van Maastricht, Global Head of Landscape Architecture - Urban Planning & Design Departments, UAE, Khatib Al Alami
- Baharash Bagherian, Head of Urban Planning at Diamond Developers
With hundreds of senior level landscape architects, landscape designers, urban planners, sustainability experts, engineering consultants, municipal and government officials in attendance, the Middle East Smart Landscape Summit is a must-attend for all in the sustainable landscaping space. Learn how the biggest players in the industry are taking the steps towards a green future and bolstering the sustainability of the Middle East whilst maintaining connectivity and liveability within the community.
The Middle East Smart Landscape Summit is an in-person event, with hygiene and social distancing measures strictly enforced in accordance with DHA guidelines.
You can find more information at: https://www.landscapesummit.com
© Press Release 2021
Disclaimer: The contents of this press release was provided from an external third party provider. This website is not responsible for, and does not control, such external content. This content is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and has not been edited in any way. Neither this website nor our affiliates guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions expressed in this press release.
The press release is provided for informational purposes only. The content does not provide tax, legal or investment advice or opinion regarding the suitability, value or profitability of any particular security, portfolio or investment strategy. Neither this website nor our affiliates shall be liable for any errors or inaccuracies in the content, or for any actions taken by you in reliance thereon. You expressly agree that your use of the information within this article is at your sole risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, this website, its parent company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates and the respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, advertisers, content providers and licensors will not be liable (jointly or severally) to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive or exemplary damages, including without limitation, lost profits, lost savings and lost revenues, whether in negligence, tort, contract or any other theory of liability, even if the parties have been advised of the possibility or could have foreseen any such damages.