Apr 17 2012
|more articles from|
Road expansion work in Sharjah
Tuesday, Apr 17, 2012
Sharjah Motorists have to gear themselves to face a partial road closure at National Paints roundabout in June, it was announced yesterday.
The announcement was made after Sharjah Police and the Ministry of Public Works met to discuss the second phase of the Emirates Road Development Project, which will be carried out at National Paints roundabout on June 22.
An official at Sharjah Police said the roundabout, which connects with Industrial Area 5, will be closed and traffic will be diverted to alternative routes in order to maintain the smooth flow of traffic on the roads without causing any congestion.
The road work project also includes developing and expanding National Paints bridge, as well as developing the five main intersections in the area, including Sharjah Ring Road, National Paints, King Abdul Aziz Intersection, University City and Al Dhaid intersection.
He added that the Emirates Road Development Project is one of the most strategic projects conducted so far that aims to ensure a smooth traffic flow for motorists travelling to and from the northern emirates.
By Mariam M. Al Serkal?Staff Reporter
© Gulf News 2012. All rights reserved.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More