Apr 24 2013
|more articles from|
"Enterprise Qatar" announces "QHackathon 2013" winners
Enterprise Qatar has announced the winning teams in the 2013 "QHackathon" activity, which took place as part of the "Al Fikra" 2013 national business plan competition finals. QHackathon was co-organized with "Tech Wadi" and "MIT Enterprise Forum" startup competition for the Pan-Arab region with the aim to create mobile applications suitable for the Middle Eastern user to be applied later by "Ooredoo".
50 teams from 21 Arab countries participated in the challenge and were asked to crystalize on the concept. Ideas were then judged based on their creativity, functionality and viability.
The results were as follows:
Second place winner: "Laties First"; a mobile application to help users maintain their appointments through social networking.
First place winners were awarded an Ipad for each group member, second place winners were awarded Mini Ipads while third place winners were awarded Ipod Touch for each of them. Noora Al Mannai, CEO Enterprise Qatar, presented prizes.
© Press Release 2013
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- Venezuela govt moves squatters from 'Tower of David' slum
- Restaurant run by Indian convicts wins praise for politeness, hygiene
- India faces crisis over dwindling numbers of girls, U.N. says
- 'Slenderman' attack victim receives Purple Heart from an anonymous well wisher
- London metals traders hit with fines for standing up
- There's More