Dubai (AETOSWire): The Middle East Public Relations Association (MEPRA) today announced it would host its first communication leadership conference in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia this October. The KSA MEPRA Leadership Majlis will explore how communication professionals can remain relevant in a time of change for the industry and will include speakers from the UK Government, The Red Sea Development Company, The Centre for Government Communication, Arab News, SAUDIA, YouTube, Page and many more.
The morning conference, which will be held on Monday 21st October 2019 at The Hyatt Regency Riyadh Olaya KSA, is expected to bring together senior communication professionals from agency, corporate and government sectors to address the industry’s biggest challenges, trends and opportunities. Session topics include; shaping international perceptions of Saudi Arabia, exploring the export potential of a Saudi brand, a behavioural approach to government communications, the changing face of modern media plus much more. The event will also provide plenty of opportunities to network with the industry’s elite.
MEPRA Chair, Jonty Summers said: ‘’We hope the inaugural KSA MEPRA Leadership Majlis will spark discussion and ideas and to address the most pressing topics facing the profession of public relations in the region. By bringing together leading figures in communications, both from the Middle East and internationally, the gathering is a platform to share knowledge and showcase best practice.’’
The 2019 MEPRA leadership Majlis agenda will cover the theme ‘Impact and Influence’ through a mix of presentations, panel discussions and workshops, including:
- Shaping Perceptions of Saudi Arabia: Panel hosted by Mammon Sbeih, President, APCO Worldwide. Speakers include Steve Bowen, Director of PR and Communications, The Red Sea Development Company; Heba Fatani, Executive Director RAK, Government Media Office & former Senior Executive Manager, Corporate Communication for Kingdom Holding Company; Abdulrahman Al-Mofadda Strategic Communication Director at Ministry of Housing - Saudi Arabia; and Sultan Al Bazie, Chairman, Arab Network for Communication and Public Relations
- Exploring the export potential of a Saudi brand: In conversation with Fahad Bahdailah, SAUDIA. Moderated by Tarek Mishkhas, Deputy Editor Arab News
- YouTube in Saudi Arabia & the evolution of online video: Presentation by Joyce Baz, Head of PR and Communications at Google Middle East and North Africa
- The future of the Chief Communications Officers: Presentation by Peter Debreceny, Vice President, International, Page
- A behavioral approach to government communications: Presentation by Anne Donnelly, Head of Communications, British Embassy Riyadh
- The Changing Face of Modern Media: Panel discussion with Noor Nuqali, Senior Correspondent, Arab News; Mazen Nahawi MEPRA Executive Board Member (Treasurer) and CEO of CARMA & SOCIALEYEZ,; and Muhammad Tahlawi, Public Relations and Media Consultant. Moderated by Jonty Summers, MEPRA Chair and Managing Director, Hanover Middle East.
The 2019 KSA MEPRA Leadership Majlis is supported ACWA Power, APCO Worldwide, Arab News, CARMA, Four Communications, Guinness World Records, IPRA, Page and SAUDIA.
To register your attendance or view the agenda for the 2019 KSA MEPRA Leadership Majlis, visit http://www.mepra.org/events or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Middle East Public Relations Association (MEPRA) is the leading industry body for the public relations and communications industry in the Middle East. MEPRA has more than 1,000 members, which include consultancies, corporates with in-house public relations functions, and individual industry professionals. The organisation was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in the United Arab Emirates. MEPRA drives growth and sets standards of excellence in regional public relations. It is the unique voice for the industry and aims to nurture the development of public relations professionals. For more information visit www.mepra.org
Sabrina De Palma
Executive Director, Middle East PR Association (MEPRA)
+971 (0) 55 531 8920
© Press Release 2019