While major names from Qatar’s own expanding real estate sector will be present, including Qatari Diar and Qetaifan Projects, overseas developers are looking to lure investment to a range of projects.
“Qataris are a prime target for overseas real estate investment given that their nation is known as the richest country in the world with a per capita income of $134,620 and given the extensive air links available via the national airline Qatar Airways,” explained Carlo Schembri, Exhibition Director, Cityscape Qatar. “This has attracted developers from throughout the Gulf, Tunisia, Turkey, Malaysia and Switzerland to the show to promote second and vacation home options. Credit Agricole’s recent ranking of the Qatari sovereign wealth fund, Qatar Investment Authority as one of the world’s top five real estate investors has also increased the appeal.”
The overseas portfolio on offer includes a lakeside resort in Switzerland. The upmarket Florens Lake Resort & Spa, opening its doors in Interlaken in 2021, hopes to attract Qataris to its upscale vacation apartments that come with a hotel service. The resort’s Edwin Hanssen says Qataris are being targeted due to their proven preference for Switzerland as a vacation destination.
“Thanks to an exemption from Switzerland’s Lex Koller, the apartments are available for purchase to international buyers. Owners and visitors of these upscale apartments will enjoy the proximity to famous winter-sports areas and will have access to the resort’s private marina on Lake Brienz. With a unique 800m shoreline, offering stunning views of the lake and Alps, the resort will feature restaurants, a spa, fitness facilities and a kids’ club. Buyers will benefit from the resort’s rental concept to ensure an interesting return on investment. This is probably the last unique opportunity for non-Swiss buyers to purchase a lake-front holiday apartment with hotel service in Switzerland,” explained Hanssen.
The organizers of Cityscape Qatar, Cityscape and ELAN Events, are anticipating a high visitor turnout for next month’s event following promising exhibitor and visitor feedback from last year’s show which attracted over 9,000 participations and more than 40 exhibitors.
“This knowledge gathering programme enables investors, homebuyers and industry professionals to engage in a dynamic environment that will offer salient insights into the future of Qatari and Middle East real estate,” explained Schembri.
Attendance at the probing Cityscape Qatar conference is by invitation only with invites available by registering online at www.cityscapeqatar.com. Delegates will hear from industry thought leaders on the most important themes for real estate investment in Qatar. A combination of high-level presentations and an expert panel discussion will deliberate the latest sector trends.
The two-day Cityscape Talks series will be free-to-attend and will feature a wide choice of presentations covering a range of themes from ways to maximise real estate investment, to market trends.
And for the first time, INDEX Qatar, the only trade fair exclusively dedicated to Qatar’s interior design sector, will be co-located alongside Cityscape Qatar.
“This co-location provides visitors with exceptional synergy where design meets real estate. It maximises the value of both events providing visitors with the opportunity to optimise the value of their time spent at the events,” added Schembri.
For more information visit www.cityscapeqatar.com
About Cityscape Qatar:
Over the last 8-years Cityscape Qatar has offered unparalleled investment opportunities for the local and international real estate market. The event, which is the only property event of its kind in the country, enables investors, homebuyers and industry professionals to engage in a dynamic environment that also offers insight into the future of Qatari and Middle East real estate. Aligned with the country’s National Vision 2030, Cityscape Qatar showcases a wide range of real estate projects from across the property spectrum.
For more information visit: www.cityscapeqatar.com
About Informa Markets:
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio is comprised of more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets including Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate, Fashion & Apparel, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Health & Nutrition, among others. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organiser, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year. For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com.
About ELAN Events:
ELAN Events is the largest MICE player in Qatar operating across the full value chain of the industry through various Joint Ventures and partnerships with leading international companies:
- Venue Management: managing over 110,000 sqm of world class venue space including the Doha Exhibition and Conferences Center (DECC), the Lusail Arena, and the Ali bin Hamad Al-Attiyah Arena. ELAN Events partners with Fira Barcelona, and Live Nation to deliver state-of-the-art venue services.
- Exhibitions: Organization of large international exhibitions and trade shows in partnership with Fira Barcelona, and Informa. Key shows include City Scape Qatar, the largest international real estate exhibition, and Qatar Motor Show, the largest automotive exhibition in Qatar.
- Professional Congress Organizer (PCO): Delivering international level conferences in partnership with MCI. MCI Qatar leverages MCI’s global reach and network to provide complete management for conferences including budget preparation and tracking, developing conference programmes, registration and venue selection, audio-visuals, logistics, marketing and sponsorship sales.
- Live Events: Imagining, hosting, and delivering community engaging live events from conceptualization to execution. These include concerts, shows, sports… in line with the country’s family entertainment strategy.
- Exhibition Services: Design and production of custom modular exhibition stands, providing clients with project management, build and installation services. “Spaces” team assists clients with the physical aspects of organising events. These include floor plan production, event planning and management, venue and equipment logistics and complete on-site support.
Elan Events has partnered with leading global companies to bring the best practices in the industry to the region, and to contribute in positioning Qatar as prominent MICE destination.
Elan Events is a subsidiary of ELAN Group, a dynamic and innovative company delivering world-class experiences in media, entertainment, events and city beautification.
To learn more about Elan Group; kindly visit our Website:
For additional Information on Elan Group, Please Contact:
Corporate Communications Manager
QDB Building B, Floor 3-5, Grand Hamad Street,
P.O. Box 24953 – Doha, Qatar
P.O. Box 24953 – Doha, Qatar
Tel: +974 44282828
Dir.: +974 442828410
Fax: +974 44282829
© Press Release 2019