UAE - The Integrated Transport Centre (ITC) of the Department of Municipalities and Transport in Abu Dhabi has announced new bus service enhancements in Abu Dhabi Region, Al Ain City and Al Dhafra Region from November 6, 2020 (Friday).
This comes in part of ITC’s endeavour to improve the quality of services offered as well as creating an integrated and sustainable public transport network, a statement issued on Wednesday said.
- New service 103 between Mohamed Bin Zayed City and Al Zahiyah, Abu Dhabi Island. The service will operate every 60 minutes. It will provide fast connectivity between Al Shabiya and Abu Dhabi Island via Airport Road.
- New service 408 between Abu Dhabi Bus Station and Sheikh Zayed Heritage Festival in Al Wathba. This is a seasonal free service which will be effective from November 20 until February 20, 2021.
- Bus Headway Optimization: Services A1 and A2 will be operating every 60 minutes.
- Service 111 is extended within Musaffah area to provide direct connectivity to Abu Dhabi City.
- Service X3 will be canceled. Passengers may use service 33, 34 and X5 as an alternative.
- Service 210, 216, 400, 402, 403 and 420 are modified to terminate at Shahama Bus Station. Bus users may use “Bus on Demand” service within Shahama area to reach Shahama bus station.
- Bus run time is enhanced for services 160, 161, 401, 406, A1, A2, A10, A20, B43, M01, M02, M03, M04 and M05. Bus Service Enhancement in Al Ain City
- Headways have been adjusted for services 350, 360, 375, 380, 390, 450, 460, 491, 495, 496, 550, 560, 590, 595, 901, 902, 941 and 991. Bus Service Enhancement in Al Dhafra Region
- New service 760 between Mirfa Souq, Habshan and Al Dhafra Mall. This service will operate on Thursdays, Fridays, and public holidays.
- New service 864 between Ghayathi and E15 Al Madina. This service will operate on Thursdays, Fridays, and public holidays.
- Service 664 route is modified towards Industrial Area.
Additionally, the schedule of some local services in Al Ain City and its suburbs will be modified. For further details about the new improvements, visit www.itc.gov.ae, Darb application or call 80088888.
The above changes are a result of an extensive study of the bus services that focused on the public demand and aimed to offer wider service coverage and better connectivity.
All public means of transport at ITC are completely safe to use as all necessary precautionary measures are undertaken and all public buses in Abu Dhabi undergo disinfection after every bus trip and extensive sterilising at night when the buses return to bus depots. All contact surfaces such as ticket vending machines will be disinfected on a regular basis to ensure the safety of our passengers. That is in addition to following physical distancing in buses and bus stops.
Passengers and drivers are obligated to wear face masks and follow the precautionary measures while using public buses to ensure the safety of all during these challenging times.
Copyright © 2020 Khaleej Times. All Rights Reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).