Sri Lankan shares closed lower on Thursday, hurt by losses in the industrial and financial sectors.
* The CSE All-Share Index fell about 1.4% to close at 7,327.91 points. The index is up about 8.2% for the year.
* Conglomerates Lanka ORIX Leasing Company Plc and Expolanka Holdings Plc were the top drags to the index, falling 3% and 4%, respectively.
* The Sri Lankan central bank on Wednesday evening said it would issue development bonds worth up to $750 million via auction on April 22.
* Trading volumes rose to 139.3 million from 128.8 million in the previous session.
* Foreign investors were net buyers in the equity market, purchasing about 583 million rupees ($3.02 million) worth of shares, according to exchange data.
* Equity market turnover was 2.61 billion rupees, exchange data showed.
* The Sri Lankan rupee was quoted slightly lower at 193 against the U.S. dollar, as of 1136 GMT, according to Refinitiv data.
($1 = 193.0000 Sri Lankan rupees)
(Reporting by Shivani Singh in Bengaluru; Editing by Vinay Dwivedi) ((ShivaniSingh1@thomsonreuters.com; +91 89 6969 2349))