A successful breach above the latter level would increase the chance of witnessing an upward move and would pave the way for the index to reach 10,380 points.
“On the other hand, failure to retrieve above 10,140 points would lead to further decline where the next support lies at 9,800 points,” Othman added.
He advised market investors to deal with each stock separately, be highly selective to outperforming shares, and avoid marginal exposure until a consistent buying power reappears.
The benchmark EGX30 closed at 9,977.9 points last week, recording a decline of 0.76%. Meanwhile, the EGX70 EWI posted a 2.15% gain, concluding last week at 2,384.44 points, while the S&P index rose by 3.45%, and concluded at 1,722.75 points.
The EGX30 capped rose by 0.57% and concluded at 12,545.84 points, while the EGX100 EWI rose by 2.52%, and concluded the period at 3,333.71 points.
Total market capitalisation reached EGP 643.0bn at the end of the period, representing an increase of 1.31% over the last week. The total value traded recorded EGP 20.2bn, while the total volume traded reached 2,844 million securities executed over 264,000 transactions last week.
For the week before last, the total value traded recorded EGP 14.3bn, while the total volume traded reached 3,665 million securities executed over 288,000 transactions.
Stocks trading accounted for 46.06% of the total value traded of the main market, while the remaining 53.94% were captured by bonds over the week.
Egyptians represented 82.0% of the value traded in listed stocks after excluding deals during the period. Foreigners accounted for 9.5%, while Arabs captured 8.4%.
Foreigners were net sellers, with a net of EGP 122.0m, whilst Arabs were net buyers, with a net of EGP 3.8m, after excluding deals in listed stocks.
Since the beginning of the year Egyptians represented 81.6% of the value traded in listed stocks after excluding deals, whilst Foreigners accounted for 11.3%, while Arabs captured 7.1%.
Foreigners were net sellers by EGP 2,075.5m, and Arabs were net buyers by EGP 454.0m, after excluding deals in listed stocks since the start of the year.
© 2021 Daily News Egypt. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).