Manama, Bahrain: WASHINGTON, D.C. U.S.-based nonprofit Halcyon today announced the eight fellows selected to participate in the 2021 Bahrain Women’s Intensive, a collaboration with Amazon Web Services (AWS), StartUp Bahrain, and Startup MGZN to foster leadership and scale women-run tech social ventures based in Bahrain. The ventures span a range of industries including health care, education, and finance.
Announced in October 2020, the 2021 Bahrain Women’s Intensive is an intensive incubator program for early-stage women-founded social enterprise tech startups based in Bahrain. Beginning later this month, the cohort will receive monthly skills training, AWS cloud computing credits and personalized support from AWS experts, culminating in a residency at Halcyon’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. this July.
“These women were selected for Halcyon fellowships not only because their ventures meet our high standard for sustainability, scalability, and impact, but because they have the potential to be influential leaders in the tech social enterprise space,” said Halcyon Co-Founder and CEO Kate Goodall. “Fostering a stronger, more robust social enterprise ecosystem in Bahrain and around the world depends on leaders like these women growing their skills and sharing them with others in their network.”
The 2021 Bahrain Women’s Intensive Fellows are:
- Circles (Nadia Miujrers) is a mental health app that provides evidence-based and culturally competent learning to develop emotional intelligence and nervous system regulation in English and Arabic.
- Daresni (Thanaa Rabeea and Hana Al Tareif) is a web-based platform and booking system connecting teachers with students for private, hourly in-home learning.
- E-Jam’ia (Kawthar Al-Gallaf) creates a community-based financial system for individuals by providing a mobile app that digitizes the traditional cultural concept of Jami’ia, where community members get together to save money.
- Kinderhaus (Huda Radhi) is a bilingual software that provides distance learning education in an entertaining and interactive environment for special needs children.
- MallofWork (Saba Javed) is a tech-driven platform that connects businesses with freelancers and service providers, accommodating everyone from top professionals to service providers.
- Women Power Network (Wafa AlObaidat) accelerates the success of women founders and professionals in order to build a world where women are leading and shaping the future.
- On the Go (Sahar Ghuloom) is an online platform providing disciplined workout solutions for individuals by connecting them with professional, qualified trainers.
© Press Release 2021
Disclaimer: The contents of this press release was provided from an external third party provider. This website is not responsible for, and does not control, such external content. This content is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and has not been edited in any way. Neither this website nor our affiliates guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions expressed in this press release.
The press release is provided for informational purposes only. The content does not provide tax, legal or investment advice or opinion regarding the suitability, value or profitability of any particular security, portfolio or investment strategy. Neither this website nor our affiliates shall be liable for any errors or inaccuracies in the content, or for any actions taken by you in reliance thereon. You expressly agree that your use of the information within this article is at your sole risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, this website, its parent company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates and the respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, advertisers, content providers and licensors will not be liable (jointly or severally) to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive or exemplary damages, including without limitation, lost profits, lost savings and lost revenues, whether in negligence, tort, contract or any other theory of liability, even if the parties have been advised of the possibility or could have foreseen any such damages.