Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – Daman, the UAE’s leading national health insurance company has collaborated with Microsoft  to deploy the Daman Health Bot, an AI powered tool that will assist patients to conduct self-assessment on COVID-19 symptoms and guide them to the appropriate level of care. The Daman Health Bot is bilingual and able to provide expertise including patient assessment for the disease, triage and symptom checking, offering general medical information, and making medical recommendations. 

The health bot will ask patients a defined set of questions and follow specific protocols, and accordingly advise them to connect with Abu Dhabi Department of Health (DoH), UAE Ministry of Health & Prevention (MOHAP) and the Dubai Health Authority for further assistance.

“We have a very important social responsibility to play during the pandemic crisis and protect the health and safety of people.  The Daman Health Bot speaks to that effort by addressing queries and reducing person to person engagement,” says Hamad Al Mehyas, Daman’s CEO. “Partners such as Microsoft are empowering us with the right technology to better engage the public and provide the right level of guidance. The Daman Health Bot will reduce patient visits to hospitals, lessen workload on call centres, enhance patient experience and encourage them to proactively manage their health condition.”

“Technology is playing a key role in helping patients assess their situation quickly and conveniently,” said Sayed Hashish, General Manager, Microsoft UAE. “Our Healthcare Bot service empowers organisations like Daman to build and deploy AI-powered conversational healthcare experience at scale. With our mission to empower every person and organization to achieve more, Microsoft is committed to bringing its tools and innovations to support healthcare organizations provide the best possible care.”

Daman has long been investing in digitalization and already uses artificial intelligence for its claims handling as well as robotic process automation for a variety of administrative tasks. Microsoft and Daman are also planning to integrate the health bot to other customer services such as digital consultations and lifestyle related advise.

The Daman Health Bot  is available on company’s website and mobile application with the aim to reach its network of over 2.5 million members.


About Microsoft

Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT” @microsoft) enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge. Its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Microsoft opened its Dubai-based headquarters in 1991, which, today, oversees operations across the region.

For more information (Press only):
Magdalena Stepien, Microsoft MEA
E : mastepie@microsoft.com 

Husain Gandhi, ProGlobal Media
E: h.gandhi@proglobal.ae 

About Daman

The National Health Insurance Company – Daman is the UAE’s leading health insurer providing comprehensive health insurance solutions to over 2.5 million members in the UAE. Daman is part of ADQ, one of the region’s largest holding companies with a broad portfolio of major enterprises spanning key sectors of Abu Dhabi’s diversified economy. ADQ owns 80% of the Daman’s share with the remaining 20% owned by Munich Re who is also a strategic partner.

Send us your press releases to pressrelease.zawya@refinitiv.com

© Press Release 2020

Disclaimer: The contents of this press release was provided from an external third party provider. This website is not responsible for, and does not control, such external content. This content is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and has not been edited in any way. Neither this website nor our affiliates guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions expressed in this press release.

The press release is provided for informational purposes only. The content does not provide tax, legal or investment advice or opinion regarding the suitability, value or profitability of any particular security, portfolio or investment strategy. Neither this website nor our affiliates shall be liable for any errors or inaccuracies in the content, or for any actions taken by you in reliance thereon. You expressly agree that your use of the information within this article is at your sole risk.

To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, this website, its parent company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates and the respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, advertisers, content providers and licensors will not be liable (jointly or severally) to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive or exemplary damages, including without limitation, lost profits, lost savings and lost revenues, whether in negligence, tort, contract or any other theory of liability, even if the parties have been advised of the possibility or could have foreseen any such damages.