UAE Ideas winners: Dubai Health Authority, Dubai Economy, General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs - Dubai, Federal Customs Authority, Roads and Transport Authority, Emirates Transport, Dubai Electricity and Water Authority, Dubai Municipality, Dubai Customs
- 100 entities participants in UAE Ideas 2017
- Enhance the Arabic language, UAE identity and the happiness of UAE citizens
- Encouraging the GOV. entities to invest in Emirati human resources
- UAE Ideas recognizes creativity, innovation & continual improvement
Dubai, UAE: Under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority, Chairman of Dubai Airports, Chairman and Chief Executive of Emirates Airline & Group and Honorary Patron of Dubai Quality Group, the 6th Cycle of UAE Ideas Conference was held on 19th November 2017 in Grand Hyatt, Dubai.
The 6th Cycle of UAE Ideas Conference has been opened by H.H. Sheikh Eng. Salem bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Chairman of the Department of Civil Aviation, Ras Al Khaimah (RAKDCA), in presence of Fatma Buti Al Mheiri, Chairman of Dubai Quality Group, Hussain Al Fardan, Chair Ideas Arabia Subgroup and Mohammed Al Mutawa, Secretary General of Dubai Quality Group.
The conference highlighted and applauded the achievements of Emiratis, while encouraging local entities to invest in Emirati human resources and create an ideal framework that will stimulate and encourage creativity and innovation. Also discussed how Emirati innovation is the cornerstone for the progress and sustainability of UAE.
In line with UAE’s strategy, UAE Ideas recognizes creativity, innovation & continual improvement as key factors that lead to the development of the nation and its citizens.
H.H. Sheikh Eng. Salem bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Chairman of the Department of Civil Aviation, Ras Al Khaimah (RAKDCA), remarked in his opening speech that the innovation is an integral part of the UAE culture and its leadership. And he highlight the importance of innovation in all the fields which become a unique feature of government curriculum in the international forums. Innovation does not have boundaries and we need to compete with the time to enhance the creative aspects of everyone in the future, each in his field. He added “The Innovation is not an obligation on the leadership only, it is a responsibility of everyone in their fields. Today we are talking about artificial intelligence, evolution, the digital revolution, and how to achieve the vision of leadership on 2071
Fatma Buti Al Mheiri, Chairman of Dubai Quality Group stated in her welcoming speech “By organizing UAE Ideas Conference to promote a culture of creativity and innovation, we would like to contribute in achieving the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai; which aims at making UAE among the best countries in the world by recognizing innovation as a vital element for social and economic development. These days, innovation is an inevitable factor in promoting economic growth, increasing competitiveness and productivity.
She added “UAE is known world-wide as an icon for innovation and creativity. Through UAE Ideas, we want to further encourage the culture of creativity, by providing Emiratis with an opportunity to showcase their talents and achievements and to motivate them to actively participate in the development of the nation.
The UAE Ideas Award is a unique platform that invites submissions that highlight Emirati innovation in various categories. More than 100 submissions were received this year from various sectors including: education, service, health, media, real estate and communication. We have also noticed a rise in the submissions in the category of ‘Creativity in Smart Government’ as the number of participants reached to 18 this year. I would like to take this opportunity to appreciate the enthusiasm shown by all the participants from government and private entities, and thank all the sponsors for supporting the conference."
The conference featured keynote presentations by high profile Emirati speakers: Mr. Mohammed Al-Qahtani, winner of the World Masters of Speech, Dr. Maryam Matar, Founder and Chairman of the Emirates Genetic Diseases Association, Ahmed Kazem, Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy and Excellence, Dubai Customs, Ghanim Al Falasi, Senior Vice President, Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority, Fahd haikal, an internationally recognized writer & trainer, and Dr. Kassem Kanakry, CEO of Tim Power International.
Ten Emirati entities were recognized by H.H. Sheikh Eng. Salem bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Fatma Buti Al Mheiri, Chairman of Dubai Quality Group, and Hussein Al-Fardan, Chair "Arab Ideas" subgroup, in the award ceremony that was held at the end of the conference, according to the following categories:
1. Promoting Emirati inventors (Young Inventor and Overall Inventor) –- Dubai Health Authority, about the idea of Safadi Surgical Slide - Creating a technique for coronary restoration of the heart - the first of the world "
2. Promoting Arabic language - Rawda Mohammed Saad about the idea of "creative Arab"
3. Promoting, encouraging and empowerment of UAE citizens - Dubai Economy about the idea of "e-dealer”
4. Innovation in promoting National Identity – General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai, about the idea of "Good Morning UAE Media Program”.
5. Promoting e-Government – Federal Customs Authority about the idea of "Direct automatic transfer of customs duties"
6. Promoting environmental (Green Applications) – Roads and Transport Authority, about the idea of “Conversion 50% of the taxis of hybrid vehicles to environment-friendly until 2021”
7. Promoting voluntary and humanitarian work :
- Emirates Transport about the idea of “Supporting a colleague and excellence journey for Emirates Transport employees ".
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority, about the idea of "Establishment of the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) Center for Innovation at the Dubai Center for the Care and Rehabilitation of Owners"
8. Promoting leading business – Dubai Municipality, about the idea of "Air Survey"
9. Promoting marketing and representation of UAE abroad – Dubai Customs, about the idea of “Approved Economic Operator".
The Main Sponsors of the event were Dubai Municipality and Silver sponsor Emirates International Aluminum, Dubai Customs and Emirates Transport.
About Dubai Quality group:
Dubai Quality Group is non-profit organization set up by the Dubai Department of Economic Development under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum. Guided by the vision of H. H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, Dubai Quality Group established in 1994 to develop and promote Quality and Business Excellences practices in UAE. Dubai Quality Group organizes Quality and Business Excellence related trainings, events and programs throughout the year with the objective of improving and promoting Quality of Service & Business Excellence in the region. DQG hosts Free Evening Seminars conducted exclusively for DQG member organizations, to provide their employees with an effective platform for networking and knowledge sharing. Dubai Quality Group offers 3 categories of membership to companies; Investor Partner, Corporate Membership & Affiliate Membership.
For further information contact:
Business Development & PR Manager
+ 971 55 9988100
+ 971 4 3431 950