The Sri Lankan rupee fell on Tuesday, while broad-based losses drove equities lower.
* The benchmark stock index closed down 1.8% at 7,963.77. The index is up 17.6% for the year so far.
* The Sri Lankan rupee was last quoted at 195 against the U.S. dollar as of 11:23 GMT, compared to last session's close of 194.5, according to Refinitiv data.
* Trading volume on the CSE All Share Index fell to 128.8 million, from 142.8 million in the previous session.
* Browns Investments Plc and conglomerate Expolanka Holdings Plc both fell more than 4% and were among the most traded stocks by volume.
* SMB Leasing Plc tumbled 25% and was the third biggest percentage loser on the index.
* The CSE index is off 11.8% from its lifetime high on Jan. 29
* Foreign investors were net sellers, offloading 659.9 million Sri Lankan rupees ($3.38 million) worth of shares, according to exchange data.
* Equity market turnover was 4.95 billion Sri Lankan rupees, data showed.
($1 = 195.0000 Sri Lankan rupees)
(Reporting by Chandini Monnappa in Bengaluru) ((Chandini.M@thomsonreuters.com; +918061822697;))