Jan 13 2013
|more articles from|
UPDATE: Egyptian Court Orders Mubarak's Retrial
Sunday, Jan 13, 2013
CAIRO (AFP)-- Egypt's Court of Cassation on Sunday accepted an appeal for a retrial by former President Hosni Mubarak, who was sentenced to life for his involvement in the deaths of protesters in 2011.
Mubarak, his two sons Alaa and Gamal, his former interior minister and top security chiefs will now face a new trial, the court said after a very brief hearing.
The ruling was met with cries of "Long live justice!" by Mubarak supporters who held up the former strongman's picture and hugged each other in the courtroom, with dozens more outside shouting "We love you, president!"
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- There's More