Feb 05 2013
|more articles from|
UAE businesswomen control over AED15bn in investments
Investments concentrated mostly in equities, real estate and trade
The investments are concentrated mostly in equities, real estate and trade in the UAE and other countries, said Moza Saeed Bin Ahmed Al Otaiba, a member of the Executive Council of Abu Dhabi Businesswomen.
"UAE businesswomen's investments have largely increased over the past period to surpass Dh15 billion," she said in local press comments.
"I expect these investments and numbers to increase between 5 and 10 per cent before the end of this year," she said.
She said the government's approval of major projects would encourage UAE businesswomen to enter the competition and get a share of those ventures.
"I think that the recent endorsement by the UAE cabinet of the SME law will contribute positively to increasing the number of businesswomen in the UAE," she said, adding that small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) account for more than 85 per cent of the total projects in the UAE.
© Emirates 24|7 2013
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- A missing plane and emotional reunion, played live on Twitter
- UPDATE 1-Roommate arrested in case of severed head found under Hollywood sign
- House cat in Oregon attacks baby, traps family in bedroom
- Elephants can gauge threat from human voices, study finds
- Investors prefer business pitches from handsome men, U.S. study finds
- There's More