Sep 17 2012
|more articles from|
UAE Annual Inflation in August up at 0.95% on Rising Food Costs
Monday, Sep 17, 2012
(This story was originally published Sunday.)
DUBAI (Zawya Dow Jones)--Annual inflation in the United Arab Emirates rose to 0.95% in August, from 0.46% in July, driven mainly by higher food and beverage prices, the National Bureau of Statistics said in an emailed statement on Sunday.
The food & non alcoholic beverages category of the consumer price index, or CPI, was up an annual 4.68% in August, while beverages and tobacco showed an increase of 5.42%.
U.A.E. government officials have repeatedly said they expect inflation to remain below 1.5% this year.
Copyright (c) 2012 Dow Jones & Co.
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More