Nov 27 2012
|more articles from|
South Korean speaker: Iran reliable source for providing energy
Beijing - South Korean National Assembly Speaker Kang Chang-hee said Iran is a reliable source for providing energy to his country.
He made the remark in Seoul on Tuesday in a meeting with the Iranian Ambassador to South Korea Ahmad Masoumifar.
The South Korean official pointed to the history of ties between the two nations especially in cultural areas and stressed the need to enhance level of mutual economic exchanges to dlrs 18 billion.
Noting that Iran provided 10 percent of South Korea's imported energy resources, he also said that Seoul attached great importance to ties with Tehran.
He further conveyed warm greetings of the Iranian Majlis Speaker Ali Larijani to his South Korean counterpart and voiced Iran's readiness to develop and promote ties with South Korea in all possible areas including exchange of visits between the two speakers as well as the parliamentary friendship groups.
© IRNA 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Iran
- Money watcher stole from Albania central bank to finance sports bets
- German teen floods club toilet in futile hunt for lost mobile phone
- Seattle cop who issued 80 pct of marijuana tickets reassigned
- U.S. advances plan to reintroduce wild bison herds outside Yellowstone
- Octopus mom protects her eggs for an astonishing 4-1/2 years
- There's More