May 23 2012
|more articles from|
Qatar to record USD22bn budget surplus in 2011-12
The budget surplus shrank to QAR 13.5 billion (USD 3.7 billion), or 2.9% of economic output, in the 2010/11 fiscal year, from QAR 54.1 billion, or 15.2% of gross domestic product, in 2009/10.
However, in the first nine months of the fiscal year 2011/12, the surplus stood at QAR 26.7 billion (USD 7.27 billion).
The Qatar Central Bank will soon announce that nominal gross domestic product in 2011/12 increased by 36% over the previous year to reach QAR 631.6 billion (USD 173.5 billion) compared to QAR 463.5 billion (USD 127.3 billion) in 2010/11, the official said.
© Zawya 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- There's More